Author Topic: Fishtown Chronopia Battle  (Read 10397 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Fishtown Chronopia Battle
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:11 PM »
Josh Slater and I got in a  nice 1500pt battle tonite. The Blackbloods were out for some Dwarf blood and nothing would stop them. The Dwarves were attacked with a vengance from the mountains
in their humble forest homes. 
Josh will supply his Dwarf funeral oops I mean battle list later.

Heres my Blackblood force:

2 warbands of 4 Goblin Crimson Blades + Leader
2 warbands of 4 Goblin Swordmasters + Leader
1 warband of 3 Ogre Elite Guard + Leader
1 warband of 2 Heavy Ogre Infantry + Leader
1 Troll Deathseeker
1 Ogre Deathseeker
1 Double Mounted Kutara
1 Goblin Chariot
1 warband of 8 Goblin Archers + Leader

The Blackbloods won initiative and forced the Dwarves to deploy first.  Josh needed a drink to fortify himself for the battle.
The Dwarves cackled with glee thinking that they would get to command the board. Little did they know, that coming from the hills was a force like they had never seen. The Dwarves were unscathed at the end of the deployment phase, the last such time that statement would be true.

Turn 1
Upon winning initiative, the Dwarves decide to invite a middle invasion by massing to defend the edges of their village. When in a display of bravado and derring do, the Goblin chariot charges across the field to attempt to tear them asunder.

Turn 2
The Dwarves are totally unprepared for the audacity of the strike.  Upon winning Initiative, they have a choice  to make...Do they unleash the Totem on the Chariot or do they allow the archers to take it out.  The archers choose to fire without direction. The choice was a fatal one, as the rain of arrows fails to stop the Chariot. The Dwarves are devastated by the trampling chariot. A full third of their defense is wiped out< 417 pts to be exact> before the chariot can be brought down. Unfortunately I got tired of taking pics with my phone at this point, but use your imagination, trust me what you will invision is close to reality.

Turn 3 - endgame

The Dwarves valiantly try to fight on after the massacre. Managing to get the Totems out into the open, reaping vengence for their slain kinsman. The Totems take out the Kutara, a warband of Crimson Blades and most of a warband of Swordmaster before being brought down by arrows and the remaining Swordmasters that were rallied by the Troll.
At that point the archer's superior position begins a war of attrition. The Dwarves couldnt reach them before they were cut down to near useless. Using uncommon wisdom  ;D Their leader Josh the Mighty calls for a retreat, to live to exact revenge another day. The Blackblood leader Philly of Sniper, having proven his point, Allows them to run and accepts the white flag of surrender that was waving from the tail of their white lap-sitting totem mascot.  ;D

All in all a great game. I wanna thank Josh for being a great sport and teacher. It was a great game that goes to show that its not ALWAYS the dice  :D
Im sure Josh will add his input when he gets on the comp in the AM.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Fishtown Chronopia Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »
great report
Glad to hear your liking the Fansty game :)

Good move taking it to the dwarves and keeping the pressure on them and showing no fear of the Totem, very nice.

maybe oneday I'll fight you with my dwarves...and show you how its done 8)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:47:22 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 05:39:42 AM »
I was outfoxed, roundly boxed, hoodwinked, hi-jinxed, fooled and wool-pulled over the eyes by the ballsiest manoever I've ever seen.  'Can't complain about anything but some bad decisions on my part, but I'm not even complaining as I had a blast.  The rum and coke eased the pain, and after a mile walk with the dogs I slept like a baby and feel great today. 

Bryon deserves to gloat over a great victory, and I was left fired up to change combos and tactics to fight this guy!!!

I know the gods of dice and pewter are wildly entertained by the regular bloodbaths in Fishtown, often at my expense. 

Looking forward to Between Books on April 28th, and the Talaminiatures Open May 19 & 20.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 07:14:11 AM »
Excellent report!  Good job stickn' it to the stunties!  I finally got to use trample last game, and d@mn is it FUN!!! 

I've been itch'n to aquire a goblin chariot myself, so I can complete my Blackbloods.  Man, I want to run a Mongoblian Horde army so bad I can taste it.  Ripperbeast lancers are so hard to come by, you would think they were made out of silver instead of pewter!!!

@Josh- Were you running your poodle clan or your parakeet clan dwarves?! ;D ::) ;D  Is that some of the new terrain from the aquarium place you were talking about?
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:23 AM »

@Josh- Were you running your poodle clan or your parakeet clan dwarves?! ;D ::) ;D  Is that some of the new terrain from the aquarium place you were talking about?

They must have been the poodle clan cause they sure rolled over and played dead well!!!  ;D

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 08:44:44 AM »
Yup.  The Wolf Clan were indeed poodles.  'Bad day at the office, boys. 

The terrain is indeed from the pet store.  Aquarium terrain is expensive, but for the mileage I'm getting out of it, money well spent.  Two more big bonsai trees and I'll have a really good jungle board going on.

Bryon will be telling this story over and over and over, I fear.  It's all good Satrap Sniper.  Your hordes will be driven back.  Any survivor can grovel at the feet of the emperor on the Blood Throne, presuming any are left. 

I think the Blackbloods suit you Bryon, as I said before; coming from Warzone to Chronopia has been pretty seamless for this guy.  He will be as deadly in both games in a tourney, so consider yourselves warned. 

P.S. I'm sure Archer will be more than happy to see you cleaned my clock.  It seems some cool grudge matches are on the horizon!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 08:46:49 AM by joshuaslater »

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:13:31 AM »

@Josh- Were you running your poodle clan or your parakeet clan dwarves?! ;D ::) ;D  Is that some of the new terrain from the aquarium place you were talking about?

They must have been the poodle clan cause they sure rolled over and played dead well!!! ;D

LOL ;D :o ::)--Thats just plain funny, I don't care who you are!  I thought that the poodles must have had to stop and scratch/lick themselves.  ;D ;D ;D

@Phillysniper-- Glad to see there is another member to the court of the Bloodthrone.  I really need to get mine painted up so I can put them on the board!  

@Joshuaslater--  I like that terrrain.  I was eyeballing a couple of pieces at Wally World the other day.  Yeah, its not cheap.  Looks real nice, though.  What was your army list?

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »
That battle taught me a few things as well.
Ive refined my list a bit to take advantage of the flexibility that the Blackbloods offer. So beware Wolfmaster Slater, The Blackbloods have become fond of  wolf blood and will be coming for more very very soon. Be afraid be very very afraid!!!  ;)

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »
Let's see--Totem, Keeper, Scavenger, Impaler.
Unit 1--Legion--2 swordsmen, 2 gauntlets, leader
unit 2--7 Wolf Clan Axemen and Leader
unit 3--4 vulture Crossbows
unit 4--5 Desert Wolf Warriors
unit 6--Blood bone flayer leader and 5? flayers.
unit 7--two Wolf Clan Scouts and Leader
Total was 1500 and some change.

Next battle will have more detail--Thanx Bryon as usual for posting the pics!!  Even losing my place looks good.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:22:27 AM by joshuaslater »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
Sounds like you guys had a great game and I like the scenery.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »
I'm sure the Wolves will come looking for revenge.  Maybe you could attack a Blackblood outpost?  Call it "Wolves At The Door".  Man I like the Blackbloods.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
Your Swampies would dig it the most, Phil.  I'll be bringing it to both events, so you'll have a chance to see it.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
It a cold dreary nite. The moon is full and the Wolves are out for blood. Blackblood to be specific. After the intrusion into their peaceful forest homes, the Wolves have regrouped and are looking for revenge. They set out to restore their honor and redeem their name by attacking the dreaded Blackblood in their own keep " Castle Compton". Honor will only be satified by capturing the Alchemist, that stayed back and commanded but took no part in the slaughter, and seeing him swinging from a tree with his flesh FLAYED from his body. Yes my dear listener, put the children to bed, because tonite is the story of the Wolves Blood Moon.

Scenario: Redemption
Forces: obviously Wolves 1700pts vs Blackbloods 1500pts

Objective:
Wolves - within seven turns have more points inside Castle Compton than the Blackbloods or Get in base to base contact with the dreaded Alchemist thus capturing him and preventing him from calling reinforcements.
Blackbloods - Hold off or repel the invaders long enough for your rear guard to arrive < Turn 8>

Victory Conditions:

Wolves
- DO NOT allow the Alchemist to escape < He can attemp to run after turn 5> 100pt
- Winning with more Pts left than the Blackbloods 50pts
- Escaping with the Blackbloods iconic "hip-hop" CD " Tupac Rising" 25pts

Blackbloods
- Elimiate 450pts of Wolves 50pts
- Keeping Castle Compton free of Wolves < less than 100pts inside Castle perimeter at end of turn 6> 100pts
- Capturing and escaping with the Sacred "Poodle Purse" 25pts

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »

P.S. I'm sure Archer will be more than happy to see you cleaned my clock.  It seems some cool grudge matches are on the horizon!!!

Over in the First Born of Iron Valley camp....

(que sound of cheers and partying)

"I hope those blackblood scum used the dwarven mongels as door matts."
"Aye... them Wolfclanners are good fer little more than boot-rags"
"Hope they enjoyed the taste of Wolf Totem...  Bloody nasty thing...  Broken I tell ye...
"Aye...  that and their bloody berzerkers too."

Ummm...  yeah.  There is a bit of rejoicing over there.  Me, I look forward to taking my FB against the Blackbloods.  I've played a few games against a Blackblood army and won both times.  Be interesting to face them under Bryon's hand... be a very different game for me, I'm certain.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 11:08:22 AM »
 Ummm...  yeah.  There is a bit of rejoicing over there.  Me, I look forward to taking my FB against the Blackbloods.  I've played a few games against a Blackblood army and won both times.  Be interesting to face them under Bryon's hand... be a very different game for me, I'm certain.

First Born First Dead is what I have to say. Bring Em on  :D

Homebase- Philadelphia