Author Topic: CAF Gears up for WAR!!  (Read 15905 times)

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: CAF Gears up for WAR!!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »
  If it means I need to actually paint up a pair of other units still in unprimered state, so be it.  It might actually push me over 3k if I finish painting the other squads.

I have a decent sized Capitol navy and a building CGF force that you could use, so long as those things are not being used for the either one of my scenarios at Origins (Railhead Raid and Take the Records Hall), as I need my Capitol for both of those...

other than that, anything I have is fair game to use...

even against me (I like looking at my painted stuff)...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
Capitol News Network Bulliten:

CAF Public Affairs has released video from the Columbus Sector showing Ground Forces from 32nd Infantry engaging elements of the Imperial Armed Forces near the Ohio Preserve on Venus. 

<video shows the early stages of fighting with tracers and small explsions in the distance, a Great Grey speeding into the picture and though it.  Next images show several Imperial Regulars and a handful of Golden Lions being led to the Capitol Rear in chains- at least those capable of walking.  The Capitol troops have them covered with rifles and an HMG while they are marching towards several truck transports.  Voice over continues>

CAF Command confirmed the engagement and has reported the complete defeat of the Imperials.  CGF casualties from this engagement are rportedly light.
  As soon as it can be arranged, members of the local Brotherhood Cathedral will be given access to them to check on their welfare and health..

B- Good game and good battle.  That end started to get close ther for a bit- you gave me a scare, I'll have you know.... and next time, I might not be as lucky.

Good game!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:25:05 PM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
thank you sir...

that was a fun game...neither one of us could make dice rolls to save our lives...

you'll have to tell the story about the intrepid LI Captain and his suicidal leap into the fray and that sniper...

and BTW...I still want that second game...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 05:04:55 AM »
thank you sir...

that was a fun game...neither one of us could make dice rolls to save our lives...

you'll have to tell the story about the intrepid LI Captain and his suicidal leap into the fray and that sniper...

and BTW...I still want that second game...

B...

the LI Captain had the option of shotgunning many regulars but it was not very dynamic a thing to do...  It was also about this point where it looked like a romp of a game (ie: Capitol bootkicking the Imp's) and I decided to have a bit of fun and get some laughs into the game- remember, while winning is cool, it's gotta be fun for everyone. (tourneys are another matter altogether :) )

Roaring "You killed my men!"  THe Captain charged after shooting once... and promptly rolled a twenty with the bowie knife.  this went on for two turns of misses or hits/saves.

It was also about this time Sylvas started to perform an attempt to come back into the game, whacking a third of my army before it ended.

The sniper.

Up untill his last round of fire, he had been an asset.  his last round of fire...

Hmmmm... 10 RC.  No cover... Optimum Range- need a thirteen. 

rolled a 15
rolled a 17
rolled a 17

I looked at Sylvas and said "Ok..  kill him.  he deserves to die for those rolls.  If he can't hit a regular at perfect range, he deserves to get capped."  And Sylvas promptly smoked him.

And a second game can be had.  You'll have to make the trek out here though.  Gun Moll and I have no problems putting you up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:35:53 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »
I'll talk to the wife and see if she's interested in making the trip out east sometime...maybe get some games in with some of the other people out there...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 02:31:04 PM »
I'll talk to the wife and see if she's interested in making the trip out east sometime...maybe get some games in with some of the other people out there...

B...

Just let me know and we'll set something up.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »

B...
Now THAT sounds like a plan.  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »
and it definitely is something that has to be planned, since I have two little kids also (well, not that little)...

it just felt good to play against someone different than who I usually play against, and I wasn't able to get another game in against Archer at Origins due to me running scenarios and otherwise being barely conscious...I was actually hoping to get a game in against either Jibba or Masherking, but they were enjoying the con experience (although I do want to play that game Masher bought)...

B...

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 04:37:50 PM »
Well I have kids as well. If you decide when you are coming Im sure I can find a way to occupy  ;) our kids so we can get a game or two or three in  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »
All this smack talk has me wanting to paint up the oodles of wolfpack/blood berets/walkers I have on my shelf...well almost  :D

Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 02:01:22 AM »
All this smack talk has me wanting to paint up the oodles of wolfpack/blood berets/walkers I have on my shelf...well almost  :D

Why hi there Shaun....  Feel free and bring the noise; I got enough bullets for everyone. :)  My Capitol troopers feel that Imperial has got nuthin'....

It also means I need to track down more free-marines and get them on the fiing line.  So be it. ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
Why hi there Shaun....  Feel free and bring the noise; I got enough bullets for everyone. :)  My Capitol troopers feel that Imperial has got nuthin'....

It also means I need to track down more free-marines and get them on the fiing line.  So be it. ;D

Hmm....  In going over the unpainted FM's in my pile of figs, I have determined I need another FM Tankbuster.  Don't suppose anyone might have one?

(also posting in trading post)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 04:07:26 AM »
Check your PMs
Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb