Author Topic: CAF Gears up for WAR!!  (Read 15621 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
CAF Gears up for WAR!!
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
Today, President Colt has ordered the CAF to increase its ready state from Defcon Three to Two as a result of Imperial warmongering and Propaganda.

"Their actions in the Fight against the Darkness speak as loud as their words.  To deny the exsistance of the Darkness is tantamount to Allying with it.... and We cannot, will not, let our guard down where they are concerned in that fight.

if they wish a fight defending their Masters, we are more than willing to give them one."

As a result of my descision, all CAF leaves have been cancelled and Imperial citizen are being asked to leave Capitol Territories.  Effort is being made to ensure to their safety as our fight is not against the Imperial populace but its government and High Command.

Yep, this is an open challenge to Imperial players... but its an excuse to get some fluffy-fighting in.  Also means I need to pull out my Capitol and start touching them up for renewed use. :)

Challenges will be dealt with at the Throw-Down or at Origins.   ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
Re: CAF Gears up for WAR!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »
how many points?...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
how many points?...

B...

Well...

If I recall correctly, I can do up to 1500 of Navy with ease- perhaps as high as 2k....  Ground is another matter as I never really bulked up things other than Infantry and a lone squad of Rangers.  But that will change- I've a few rangers floating around to paint for that second unit.

SO almost any value is cool up to those numbers.  If it's to be done at Origins, I'm going to say a 1k max- this way the three to four armies I intend on taking with me to that will fit in one army case, maybe two.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
"Kommandant, might I suggest we take this with the proverbial grain of salt.  We all know that the Free Marketeers value "freedom," even at the expense of infiltration from the Legion.  Were they to, actually, enforce upon their citzenry what they preach in their propaganda, they may yet be able to hold a candle against the darkness without the use of a Gehenna Puker."

"While you are correct, although overly cynical, the capitolisten are a valuable source of info.  Their "freedoms" allow much secret information to seep through to our contacts.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Besides, the Cardinal knows who to call upon when the job is only able to be handled properly.  Do not let their propoganda entice you to be as lax in your minding of sensitive materials as they.  Relay this communique to the Duke, along with our sitrep.  Further, ensure awareness is raised along common borders.  Ruse or not, I will not have the flag-wavers think that they gain, while we relax."

"Jawol, Kommandant."

"Knock that off, Schultz!"

"Yes, sir."
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
To:  Major General Tinney
RE:  Current Situation

John, why does the president have to go flying off the handle like this right now?  I've some serious deals coming down the pipe from the Mishimans and Impies and I don't need this right now.  I mean if you gotta bust some caps then keep your powder dry but this isn't time to go wading around like some southern maritian cowpoke.

Also, tell your dogs to stop sniffing around the G-14 zone on Venus.  I've got it handled but I need to operatate quietly.

My best to the old lady,

Maj Anderson
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »
let me figure out the number of points that I have in Imperial....

either way, I'll probably take you up on that offer...

let me check what I got first...

B...
now to find that calculator...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 05:40:54 PM »

John, why does the president have to go flying off the handle like this right now?  I've some serious deals coming down the pipe from the Mishimans and Impies and I don't need this right now.  I mean if you gotta bust some caps then keep your powder dry but this isn't time to go wading around like some southern maritian cowpoke.

Also, tell your dogs to stop sniffing around the G-14 zone on Venus.  I've got it handled but I need to operatate quietly.

My best to the old lady,

Maj Anderson

to: Anderson

Anderson,

Beats me...  Maybe the shareholders are getting on Colt for all the insults on a daily basis from them.  Or he actually reada damn history book...  Either way, he is the Prez and there is not much I can do other than snap off a Salute and say "Yes Sir!!"  I'll do my best to stem some of the tide...but I can't promise.

And what gives about G-14?  Is there something I should know, Major?

I'll send your best to the missus.

-John
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:21:35 AM »
"Listen my DOGS!!
 Theres Fuel at that Captiol city ripe for the taking.
   All we got to do is drive over Archer Road to Victroy!"
        *(insert cheering crowd)*
      "Load your guns, start your Engines, and kiss your whores good bye.
                              We Ride!!!"
                  *(insert the sound loud engines and random gun shots)*

-Lord H.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 02:03:15 PM »

My best to the old lady,

I'll give my best to your old lady first.

There is nothing of concern about G-14.  Just a couple of standard training accidents.  Our safety record there in impeccable. 

Maj Anderson

to: Anderson

Anderson,

Beats me...  Maybe the shareholders are getting on Colt for all the insults on a daily basis from them.  Or he actually reada damn history book...  Either way, he is the Prez and there is not much I can do other than snap off a Salute and say "Yes Sir!!"  I'll do my best to stem some of the tide...but I can't promise.

And what gives about G-14?  Is there something I should know, Major?

I'll send your best to the missus.

-John
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 02:11:23 AM »
let me figure out the number of points that I have in Imperial....  either way, I'll probably take you up on that offer...

let me check what I got first...

B...
now to find that calculator...

I did this last night with my capitol

With a partially painted squad finished up, I'll have a 2500 point force ready to go.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
well I'm pretty sure that I don't have that much in Imperial, but I'm probably good for 1000 definitely...hope to be able to get to my car today through the near foot of snow on the ground here in Cleveland to get my rulebook...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »
well I'm pretty sure that I don't have that much in Imperial, but I'm probably good for 1000 definitely...hope to be able to get to my car today through the near foot of snow on the ground here in Cleveland to get my rulebook...

B...

Well... that was also incorporating some support units from the Cartel.  If I don't use those, it gets a bit lower.  There is a bunch of stuff I never use in this full list so it will be fun for me

You tell me what you have for points and I'll match it as best I can.  Or if two of you decide to team up, we can make it a really large throwdown.  If it means I need to actually paint up a pair of other units still in unprimered state, so be it.  It might actually push me over 3k if I finish painting the other squads.

Yeah, I have too much metal.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Iron Panda

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »
"Jawol, Kommandant."

NOOO!! Dave, look what you did!!  Now Bauhaus would be forever be burned into my mind as this:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0058812/Ss/0058812/1.html?path=gallery&path_key=0058812

No longer will I see my proud Bauhaus force as sullen, grim warriors, but bumbling,inept funnymen!!! Now each time I field Bauhaus, Benny Hill's soundtrack will play endlessly in my head!!

Hope you're proud of yourself....  "Sobs"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 01:46:01 PM by Iron Panda »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 02:45:29 PM »
I know nothink!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
"Jawol, Kommandant."

NOOO!! Dave, look what you did!!  Now Bauhaus would be forever be burned into my mind as this:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0058812/Ss/0058812/1.html?path=gallery&path_key=0058812

No longer will I see my proud Bauhaus force as sullen, grim warriors, but bumbling,inept funnymen!!! Now each time I field Bauhaus, Benny Hill's soundtrack will play endlessly in my head!!

Hope you're proud of yourself....  "Sobs"

Glad to be of service, bud.   ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!