Author Topic: Another order made  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Jase

Another order made
« on: March 23, 2007, 01:46:40 AM »
I must be sick - I have sent another order to Spirit Games in the UK for some of Grendel's Leviathan figs. Having a pack of those Elven swordsmen, I figure their chunkiness will fit in Chronopia. Have ordered a pack of Dwarf Crossbowmen (proxy Vulture clan mercenaries), an Elven command set (guessing at least one figure could fill in as a Dragonskull leader) and 2 packs Goblin Spearmen (guess what for?), as well as a few Dark legion figures. No pics of these anywhere I could find, but here's hoping Spirit Games has them. I've found them good people, keep you informed of progress and very helpful.

All on the heels of a previous Dwarf and Blackblood order.

Jase

"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Another order made
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 04:54:41 AM »
I've worked with them in the past and they were friendly enough.  Just be aware that they probably have only one of what their website says they have.

Levithan looks like a good source for figs.  I think Grendel still produces those.  I think some of the same sculptors were involved.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 05:41:15 AM »
I have the elvish T-H swordsmen and thay make good proxies for Dragonskulls.  I also have the elvish command pack and plan on using the "commander" for Count Eltharion (hope I spelled that right?), he looks like a perfect match with the sword and daggers.  I wanted to use the barbarian minis for SOK-shadow tribe proxies as well.  I especially liked the "Warper" fig.  I wish SOK had something like that.  The Dwarven command pack has some really well done figs in it as well.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 05:52:11 AM »
      I also have 28 of the goblin spearmen for my "phalanx for the memories" Blackblood army. :)   I believe that scotio grendel website still has Leviathan as well if you need more figs that Spirit does not carry.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
Spirit Games are easy enough to work with.  They at least let you know what's cooking and if they run out of stock.  That's good service.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
 Spirit Games are good and Scotia still do the Leviathan miniatures range.The sculptor for the miniatures was Tim Prow.Some of the Dwarves are some of his best work.They also have some miniatures that were not on general release which I picked up at a show years ago.One of which was a very nice Elf Lord.They also had some Dwarf crew members for the cannons and such.
 The Warp Wolf is what I used for the Wolf Clan Totem.
 The Barbarian Warpers are very nice too.

Offline Ranzimus

• Angry Samurai Ghost of Captain America
    • Komitatus
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »
I used the Elf Warriors as Dragonskull elites (Can't remember the name or the Obsidian Serpent elites) and they were great.  I traded that army away years ago and missi it sometimes. 
Komitatus.com

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:28:56 AM »
You can take my Chronopia armies when you pry them from my cold, dead, fingers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jase

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

Yep, when I cross to Valhalla, mine are gonna be entombed with me.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

Yep, when I cross to Valhalla, mine are gonna be entombed with me.

Ha! I have begun the process to ensure that I will live forever. I plan on eating 5 twinkees a day for the rest of my life. The preservatives in the twinkees will make sure that I never grow old or have to die.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:48:23 AM »
well, that IS a difficult question: where will all the figs go??

chances are, our children simply wonīt have the time to use all our beloved things..

RPGs, figs, film collections, or whatever..

-> storage and then a dead-geek-sale
(what is d&d? this thin booklets look worthless, lets give them away for a $ ;))

->(http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=1704.0)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:50:24 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 03:36:41 AM »
We need to create a retirement home for figures to go when their owners die.  We can call it Aldren's Home for the Unmastered Figs.  We can hire caretakers to display and play with them around the clock so they feel loved.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »
Call it Glenn's Home and we have a deal, I'll loce them till they day they suffer from Lead Rot and die.  If they don't, more power to them.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
Having seen the leviathan figures, I agree Jase, you must be sick.  Sounds like an ocular disease. ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 07:16:47 PM by Gubs »

Offline Jase

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:34:54 AM »
Having seen the leviathan figures, I agree Jase, you must be sick.  Sounds like an ocular disease. ;)

Medical name for it is "IseeitIbuyitosis"

Jase