Author Topic: New official MC forum  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
New official MC forum
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »
just found it, may be known, though:

http://www.coggames.com/forum/index.php

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: New official MC forum
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:25 PM »
I posted about it a while back. They have a new rpg which is supposed to release sometime this year.

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 07:08:50 AM »
Wierd, the moderator's name is Wedge and it's not me... what a strange coincidence.  ??? :-\

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 09:49:41 PM »
Now you know what you do in your sleep.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:57:16 AM »
They have started posting some of their concept art.  Although it is similar, I wonder if they aren't going to be branching off in their own direction.  It will be interesting to see where they take things.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 03:43:03 AM »
I have poked around there a little more and they are definitely heading in their own direction.  They are not using any of the previsously existing art, but that may be due to the complications from the EE situation.  They also were talking about not liking the look of the weapons so those may all change. 
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »
i like the faction discussion, esp. bauhaus
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Wedge

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »
I have poked around there a little more and they are definitely heading in their own direction.  They are not using any of the previsously existing art, but that may be due to the complications from the EE situation.  They also were talking about not liking the look of the weapons so those may all change. 

LAME... LAME... LAME...

Thanks for the info... as disheartening as it is... *sigh*

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
I disagree.  Remember how lame the 2nd Ed Fluff was and how we mostly ignored it.   I think they will put out some usefull stuff and remember-in the end once you have bought your copy who cares what you call the weapons.

I'm picking up a copy (budget permitting). ;D

Wedge

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 12:59:37 PM »
I disagree.  Remember how lame the 2nd Ed Fluff was and how we mostly ignored it.   I think they will put out some usefull stuff and remember-in the end once you have bought your copy who cares what you call the weapons.

I'm picking up a copy (budget permitting). ;D

I certainly won't squash your optimism.  I am normally a very optimistic person... I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
What could possibly go wrong-the Fantasy Forge thing has worked out well...

Uh, nevermind.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 04:20:06 PM »
How cool - I guess I'll be almost required to pick this up.

What's the story with Fantasy Forge and the clicky MC/Warzone game????
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 07:30:10 PM »
As I understand it, it is a collectable game (strike one) that is a larger scale (strike two) than 28 mm that keeps getting delayed being put out as the Mutant Chronicles Movie (strike three) keeps getting pushed back for re-writes or reworks or whatever.  Neither the movie or the game seems to be put together using a recipie for success.  I suppose I should wish them luck and at one point I volunteered to playtest but I have long since lost my enthusiasm for the project.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »
I certainly won't squash your optimism.  I am normally a very optimistic person... I just don't have a good feeling about this one.
I feel slightly optimistic about it all. The quality of Swedish RPG designers is actually quite high.

The last couple of years a number of really great products have been released (only in Swedish though). There has been a new version of Mutant (the post apocalyptic precursor to MC), a new version of Drakar and Demoner (the game that Chronopia spawned from), Noir (a film noir type game), two historical games and so on.

What all these have in common are quite solid game mechanics but also interesting background material and on average quite good art. These are no cheap d20 based stuff but actually good interesting games. I really wish my gaming group had the time to play more RPGs.

If the new MC RPG reaches even the average level of those products it will be a good game.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 04:02:34 PM »
I know I'll pick it up. I've been a huge fan of the MCRPG since it was first released and I'd love to see it injected with new life. I have tons of material for it (adventures, npcs, etc), so it'll just be the prospect of getting my gaming group fired up. Presently we're playing ShadowRun. I'm just glad to get a break from GMing!
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male