Author Topic: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions  (Read 20854 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:41:04 AM »
As mentioned in another post... A suggestion was made to host an all Warzone and Chronopia Weekend.

To do so, we would need to rent either a fire-hall or get a large conference room/small ballroom in a hotel.  Cost for such things are not incredibly cheap though if folks stayed in the hotel the room was in, it would be cheaper.

As I recall, renting such rooms can be around 300+ bucks, which would place the cost on the group as a whole; the more players the cheaper per person.

With the potential # of players in the Philadelphia and NJ area, drawing 20 players should possible (with some out of state-r's) which would bring the per person cost to 15 a head.

IIRC, we have roughly 18-20 in the area if all that I know of show up.  how many of you non-local types would come out if it was held in...

June?
August?
September?

Just a curiousity....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Warzone/Chono Event date suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
I also want to put out feelers for who and what date for a Maplewood throwdown 2 ?

I was thinking we can have a philly, Nj and ohio (origins) 3 events for the year. Figure that's enough to get our gaming fix in  8) 
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »
You should coordinate with Coil.  I understand he is coming to the states soon.  I am sure he would love to show up.

I would too in fact... but money is tight right now.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »
You should coordinate with Coil.  I understand he is coming to the states soon.  I am sure he would love to show up.

I would too in fact... but money is tight right now.

Good point.

Lemme PM him
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »
Anything on May 19-20 and I'll be able to attend.

I'll be happy to chip in for renting gaming space. I don't know if I'll be able to bring my own minis but I'm sure someone has an army or two to spare. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:45:41 PM by Coil »

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »
May 19th and 20th.  Let's do this!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
I know that I'll be tied up throughout late May...(hurray for vacation)...

I'll ask around if any of the other Ohioans I'm regularly in contact with can make it, but don't get too many hopes up...

sounds like it'll be a date at Origins at the earliest for most of us here in the Buckeye state...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »
May 19th and 20th.  Let's do this!

Ok...  Josh, get with Dave McGee and if one of you two can get to a hotel near the airport and price cost of a hotel room and one of the conference rooms for a day of gaming, that would be a great start.

I'll look up my way (Reading Area) and see about costs too.

Yeah, I'm off the beaten path for most but the cost should be really low compared to the Philadelphia area.  Next bet is the King of Prussia area near Thom's.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 05:57:30 AM »
Ok, my flight is booked. I'll be arriving in DC on the 18th in the afternoon. I have to be back in DC Sunday evening so plenty of time for gaming for me.

You can fill me in on how to get there once you've found a place to play.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:03:47 AM »
Excellent.  I tried ringing Dave McGee last night, but I think his number's changed.  PM me if you've got it.  We're coordinating on a place for this.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Wedge

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »
I wanted to keep this a surprise... but I can't contain myself.  Now that I know Coil has a booked flight I would like to announce that I too will be there!!!   :o ;D 8)

I am considering it a promotional gift to myself (thanks Troy) for finally putting on E-7 (Master Sergeant).  I put it on officially April 1st.

Knowing I may never have another chance to meet Coil in person and the rest of you east coasters, I had to jump at the chance.  I have been in cahoots on this with Archer and he has been very helpful.  I am willing to share a hotel room with whomever, or sack out on any available couch.  The sooner we have a definitive date the sooner I can book my flight.  If I fly into DC around the same time as you Coil, maybe we can get a rental car together?  Just an idea.  How far is it from DC to Philly?

If I can make the trip ALL THE WAY from CALIFORNIA I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Southpaw *cough* *cough* Topkick *cough*  ;)

I'll be bringing some Semai and Sons of Kronos... as much as I can legally bring onto a plane and still not cause a scare.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 10:13:35 PM by Wedge »

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 02:43:12 AM »
That is great news Master Sergeant Wedge.  ;D

My plane lands on Dulles International at 1500 on Friday. I'll be happy to share a car with you, if that doesn't work I'll take the train.

Like Wedge I am very adaptable and can crash on a couch or share a room. I'll also try to bring some minis. Anyone got experience flying with minis. Can you bring them as carry on without making security nervous?

And to paraphrase Wedge
If I can make the trip ALL THE WAY from SWEDEN I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Southpaw *cough* *cough* Topkick *cough*

Seriously, it would be really great to meet you guys as well.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »
How far is it from DC to Philly?

Something like a 3 hour ride, minimum.  If Dave/Josh have managed to get a conference room at the Airport hotel or something similar/close, it is 158 miles or so

If I can make the trip ALL THE WAY from CALIFORNIA I know there are some of you that SHOULD make it with less distance to travel.  *cough* Southpaw *cough* *cough* Topkick *cough*  ;)

Heehee...  Hell, I am going to Origins- something I've not been to since it was in Philly back in '95.  I think with some smart calculating and coordination, they too can come out and maybe split cost of a room or something.

As always, I'm willing to put folks up at my place in Reading- especially if we do this up there.

I'll be bringing some Semai and Sons of Kronos... as much as I can legally bring onto a plane and still not cause a scare.

I'd grab a roll of duct tape and a good minis case (like my camelot pewter tacklebox) open it to be checked and once they tag it, duct-tape it closed and securely.  Make an TSA official sign the tape in marker...  then you should be fine.

Alternately, ship it three-day to McGee or Slater. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 04:29:44 AM »
what is "TSA" offical sign?
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 04:52:44 AM »
what is "TSA" offical sign?

TSA - We see more underwear before 9 AM than most people see all day done in Arial Bold ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890