Author Topic: Ogre swordsmen proxy  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Jase

Ogre swordsmen proxy
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
Darkwater minis have a green for an Ogre - could make a good Deathseeker. http://theminiaturespage.com/news/943100/

Jase

"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Ogre swordsmen proxy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »
The story seems to have been taken off the TMP pages. Try this link -- it is a direct link to the Darkwater Minis site.

http://66.177.87.185:100/pics/greens/OR001-Ogre.jpg

As for the sculpt itself -- I have a problem with the head. It doesn't seem to fit the look of the rest of the model. The model is of a warrior but the head/face looks like the village idiot. I'm also not a fan of the punch-blades Darkwater wants to give dang near every figure they produce.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:29:06 AM »
I like the idea of punch blades, but only if they look like the katar of old, or a version giving some measure of support to the wielder's wrist/arm while using it.  Otherwise, it's just silly.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »
I'd probably chop the punch dagger blade leaving a brass knuckle. And the head could be replaced or converted with a turban. I think another good proxy would be Rackham's Orc Jackal warriors - These would be the same size as an Ogre (the fiddly bits are a pain to paint, mind)

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
I'm waiting 'til I have some money saved and then scoring some of these models.  They're cool. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA