Author Topic: Post Archercon  (Read 17002 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Post Archercon
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 11:07:12 AM »
No tourney at Origins. At the time we put events together we didn't know half the East Coast was attending. We will set one up sometime. My vote is for Philly - what better place for the Talaminiatures Open?

Talaminiatures Open.
rolls right off the tongue

Just have to make sure its not in a month where it could snow/hurricane.  This way you two have no excuse... :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
Labor Day Weekend would give us a 3 day Mini-fest....

Probably ought to plan on a 2 day event though so the King and I can attend the wake for Archer's ego.  :o

MK - we'll have to play a rousing round of rock, paper, scissors for the honor of crushing young Archy  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

I already know that weekend is a bad one for me.

Probably ought to plan on a 2 day event though so the King and I can attend the wake for Archer's ego.  :o

MK - we'll have to play a rousing round of rock, paper, scissors for the honor of crushing young Archy  ;D

very funny...  Not my fault I game my best in tourney setting... McGee has beaten me in non-tourney lots of times; we never seemed to draw each other in the last few events though- not my doing, I assure you.

I'd love to take him on- as I think he can take this mantle that has been assigned me (and I admittedly have taken it willingly. ;)  )  Last three times he and I have played, he's beaten the snot outa my armies and I think he can do it in tourney should we draw each other.

Then his payback for that game versus The Machine should be complete. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »

labor day weekend MIGHT be bad for me too. (at least one day out of those 3 days)
My Martial arts school books events at odd times like that.

Probably ought to plan on a 2 day event though so the King and I can attend the wake for Archer's ego. :o

MK - we'll have to play a rousing round of rock, paper, scissors for the honor of crushing young Archy ;D

;D  thats funny....Archers Ego is mighty foe, more deadlier then archer himself  :P
          Havent played Warzone in awhile, might need to go into training (insert rocky training music)
          need a punching bag ...uh um people to play against ...(wheres Jibba and Iron Panda  :P)

you know I dont remember I the last time I played archer in warzone...at the cons we always mean too but never match up, though I do find dave across the table (in all his Bahaus glory) everytime  :P

« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 06:33:51 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Probably ought to plan on a 2 day event though so the King and I can attend the wake for Archer's ego. :o

MK - we'll have to play a rousing round of rock, paper, scissors for the honor of crushing young Archy ;D

;D  thats funny....Archers Ego is mighty foe, more deadlier then archer himself  :P
          Havent played Warzone in awhile, might need to go into training (insert rocky training music)
          need a punching bag ...uh um people to play against ...(wheres Jibba and Iron Panda  :P)

you know I dont remember I the last time I played archer in warzone...at the cons we always mean too but never match up, though I do find dave across the table (in all his Bahaus glory) everytime  :P

Steve,  we do keep meaning to...  heck, I was looking forward to it when we made it to Maplewood that time.  Instead you rooked Dave and I gave Panda a beat down.  Next time we are at the same event, we gotta play *something*

Heck, last game we played one another in at all was Chrono- and I had Refsland's Kronos.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »

And to my memory, I think that I have only beaten you ... let's see ...one, two, carry the three...oh yeah - never!

Sheesh - why I gotta be the one t'beat?  WHY I GOTTA GET SHOT!?! (masher'll get that inside joke - remember "BANG!"?)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 02:50:27 PM »

And to my memory, I think that I have only beaten you ... let's see ...one, two, carry the three...oh yeah - never!

Sheesh - why I gotta be the one t'beat?  WHY I GOTTA GET SHOT!?! (masher'll get that inside joke - remember "BANG!"?)

Really?

That means...

If the MasherKing beats me, he becomes Da MAn Ta Beat...  Wow.

No pressure, Steve. ;)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »
  Really?

That means...

No pressure, Steve. ;)

I can live with being Da Man
         really I can.

though to be the Da Man I most also beat Thom in Warzone, He who made the game, then and only then my title cant be disputed
        (though the guys from the mid-west might have something to say   :))

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »
  Really?

That means...

No pressure, Steve. ;)

I can live with being Da Man really I can.

though to be the Da Man I most also beat Thom in Warzone, He who made the game, then and only then my title cant be disputed (though the guys from the mid-west might have something to say   :))

I know what this  guy from the Midwest has to say -

Sat across from Thom more than once and was never beaten; Won the 2nd ever Ranking Tournament held; Have never been beat in organized play at Origins. In fact I have never been beaten at a Con - ever! Is this Smack Talk or Fact.....Only Semai knows for sure  ;D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »

but you always give me the toughest games

almost forgot...damn that was fun night.
             DAMN THE BAD WEATHER TO THE HELL BAD WEATHER GOES TOO.
          I was so looking forward to meeting up with everyone getting our game on!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »

Sat across from Thom more than once and was never beaten; Won the 2nd ever Ranking Tournament held; Have never been beat in organized play at Origins. In fact I have never been beaten at a Con - ever! Is this Smack Talk or Fact.....Only Semai knows for sure  ;D

oh snap
I believe thats smack talking I'm reading.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »

oh snap
I believe thats smack talking I'm reading.

Actually every word I typed is the truth - literally.  :o

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 07:13:41 PM »
Southpaw and Coldthunder -

No revealing the hidden meaning - It's an ancient Midwest Secret

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 08:40:27 PM »

Just because you sat across from him doesnt mean you played him  ;D
I might have to make the trip to Origins now. Ive beaten everyone Ive played except for Archer and Masher <Id never bring THAT force to a Con>. Time to add a TOP butt whoopin to the list.  :D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 03:43:57 AM »

Just because you sat across from him doesnt mean you played him  ;D
I might have to make the trip to Origins now. Ive beaten everyone Ive played except for Archer and Masher <Id never bring THAT force to a Con>. Time to add a TOP butt whoopin to the list.  :D

You grow wise in the ways of Semai.  ;D

You are correct - I only played Thom once and had to leave in the middle of the game so it doesn't count, but have sat accross the table talking to him several times.

I did win the Ranking Tournament. No embellishment there.

Who can figure out the rest of it? The statements are true, but are they accurate? Only Semai knows for sure.