Author Topic: Post Archercon  (Read 17005 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Post Archercon
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »
Well...

I would say it was a success;  Archercon 1 had five Attendees (Philly, wmerideth, joshslater, CKGeist and Prime) and much dice was thrown.  In the course of the night, I played three games (UWZ 1, Chrono 2)) of which I got beat twice (both chrono games).

After the dice slinging was done, the cards came out and some Texas Hold'em was played (my other win for the night)

Next event is Between Books in April; Josh is setting it up and will have further Details.  The next Archercon, depending on interest, will be shooting for a hotel conference room.  That one, money will have to be charged... as the most I can have here is about eight and remain comfortable space-wise.  I'll be looking into that soon.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Post Archercon
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »
Good chance if some of the attendees stay at the hotel that the cost for a conference room will be either comped or reduced. Just a thought
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
Hello.

My thanks to Archer and Leslie for hosting us. I had a great time and look forward to the next get together.

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:45:27 PM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:37 PM »
I wanna thank Archer for opening up his spot to us. Archercon was a blast!. Archer had his own wolf totem running around all day... even when no Chronopia games were being played  ;D The games were great the company was fantastic and the fun was out of this world!!!. Thx John it was much appreciated
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Karma for the host and namesake of the event. Huzzah for Archer.

Seriously I wish I could have attended but life gets in the way. Looking forward to Origins and Archer-Con II
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:46:39 AM »
I wanna thank Archer for opening up his spot to us. Archercon was a blast!. Archer had his own wolf totem running around all day... even when no Chronopia games were being played  ;D The games were great the company was fantastic and the fun was out of this world!!!. Thx John it was much appreciated

Philly,

you and the boyz are welcome.  Caleb the "wolf-totem" was tuckered out after the attentions all of you gave him; he was snoozing a good portion of the day yesterday.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »
I was completely useless on Sunday, sleeping the day away after much revelry on Saturday.  Thanks, John.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:28:42 AM »
I was completely useless on Sunday, sleeping the day away after much revelry on Saturday.  Thanks, John.

Sure.

btw- I think that ram with the demon against my Knight was wrong- you had to climb over that tree to get to him and the swordsman or go through the bone golem.

It just occurred to me sittin' here.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:03:54 AM »
Perhaps.  What was truly wrong was not handing Bryon the gas money johnny-on-the-spot on the way home.  I should have drawn more from the ATM, so I'm hoping he will accept my public apology and I'll square it up with him the next time I see him.  He was most kind getting us to and from the event and I don't like leaving him hanging. 

'Til next time, Archer.  I'll have to learn some Warzone so you can school me in that too.  The student becomes the master.  Mwahahahahahaha!!! 

Footnote: the Mwahahahahahhaha!! evil laugh is trademark and copyright protected by masherking enterprises.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 07:39:24 AM »
If theres a snowstorm next Archercon, I'm just gonna drive there the night before.  Better to have my car buried there, then be stranded at home.  (good thing I had some beer there.)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
All ball-bustin' aside; you guys were missed.   :'(

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »

'Til next time, Archer.  I'll have to learn some Warzone so you can school me in that too.  The student becomes the master.  Mwahahahahahaha!!! 

Footnote: the Mwahahahahahhaha!! evil laugh is trademark and copyright protected by masherking enterprises.

Heh.

Beat McGee then come talk to me.  :o  The only difference 'tween him and I on the UWZ table is I manage to keep battleplans and manuever timing intact a bit better than him in tourney...

Told you guys this before and there is a hint on the Demo Spec's fig... (damn you thom)  Throw me off my timing and you got a chance.  I never go into a battle with out two timetable/battle plans and a last-ditch scheme (the infamous Plan C).

For the record, I have had to go to Plan C three times. :)

Whup me in Tourney and the bullseye is yours.  And we will have a tourney... I should think.

Hal, is there one at Origins?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »
No tourney at Origins. At the time we put events together we didn't know half the East Coast was attending. We will set one up sometime. My vote is for Philly - what better place for the Talaminiatures Open?

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »
No tourney at Origins. At the time we put events together we didn't know half the East Coast was attending. We will set one up sometime. My vote is for Philly - what better place for the Talaminiatures Open?

Talaminiatures Open.
rolls right off the tongue
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »

;D ;D

Good point on both counts.  I can discuss with folks and see when is a good time for such an event.  Maybe September timeframe...  No promises, though.  I need to figure out what my life is going to look like in three months before I even try to org something like that.

I'll throw it in another post sometime this week.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."