Author Topic: MV penalties  (Read 6226 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
MV penalties
« on: October 08, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »
What is a model whose MV is 3 calculated to when there is a 1" penalty due to environment, and the model is in MP? 1"? 1/2"?

In other words, are the penalties for environment to the original MV value, making the new MV value 2, then halved when in MP?  Or is 3, halved for MP, then -1" for environment?

Is there a rule that states that a model's MV may never be less than 1" no matter the penalties?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Re: MV penalties
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 03:16:34 AM »
In the book (dont have it with, so not sure of page), it states that movement may never be reduced below 1"

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:40:10 AM »
Rule book page 45 under rough terrain a model's MV is halved, but cannot drop below 1 inch per move action.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 05:45:35 AM »
Ok, got the book, and to clarify on both my and Phil's post:

While moving through Rough Terrain, a models MV is halved, but cannot fall below 1" per MV action. Models that are in MP  and crawling CANNOT move through Rough Terrain.

Offline Pietia

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 06:58:34 AM »
Rule book page 45 under rough terrain a model's MV is halved, but cannot drop below 1 inch per move action.
The problem becomes easier to understand with MV 5 models, I guess: will an MV5 model with 1/2 movement and -1 to movement have 1.5 (5/2 -1 ) or 2" ( (5-1)/2)  Move.
I guess, it should be like in maths: divide first, subtract later...

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:45:08 AM »
Except that as Dodger stated:

Models that are in MP  and crawling CANNOT move through Rough Terrain

Therefore this is, by the rules, an impossible scenario, and will never come up.  Dodger if your read this can you give us a quick page reference on that one?  I don't rember seeing it and I'm sure I'll need to point it out to my hooligan friends next time we play.

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 11:13:11 AM »
That is on page 45, but, after talking to DMcGee one evening, one CAN be in MP and NOT crawling.. so it CAN come up. The question comes down to, do you assess environment 1st or 2nd? IE, a model with 4" of movement:

4", -1 for environment = 3, 1/2 for MP = 1.5

or:

4", 1/2 for MP = 2, -1 for environment = 1.

That 1/2 inch, over 3 actions, adds up to 1.5 inches of a difference. I think that the FAQ team needs to descide which order penalties are taken.

If it wre up to me the order would be environment, then terain, then other factors. Environment affects all equally, and is easiest represented by just subtracting it from all models MV stat at the beginning of the game. Terrain next, for similar reasons. Other factors, such as MP, as its a choice of the model at that time.

Just my $.02

Jeff