Author Topic: 1st Upset of the NCCA Tournament  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
1st Upset of the NCCA Tournament
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Duke is out  :o

First time in a long time that has happened
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: 1st Upset of the NCCA Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:24:12 AM »
I live in NC and everyone here is heartbroken.

Of course I'm an OU fan so I could care less. ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:42:43 AM »
is anyone really suprised that the Dukies lost...I'm not...

I'm more impressed that Winthrop beat Notre Dame...hope they can make it another win...

bummed that Illinois lost, but they weren't as good this year...

and my alma mater, Texas Tech, just looked bad...I'm sad...

B...
but I'm feeling much better now...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 08:52:02 AM »
How the hell did Winthrop, ranked #22 in the country, end up as an 11 seed.  They should have been a 6.  Notre Dame was 17-18.  They should have been a 5 seed.  They both got jobbed having to face each other in the first round.  They should have played much weaker opponents. 

As long as the Pac 10 does well, I'm happy.  Whoops, there goes Stanford, and Arizona, and WSU.  Three down, three to go.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:29:47 AM »
How the hell did Winthrop, ranked #22 in the country, end up as an 11 seed.  They should have been a 6.  Notre Dame was 17-18.  They should have been a 5 seed.  They both got jobbed having to face each other in the first round.  They should have played much weaker opponents. 

As long as the Pac 10 does well, I'm happy.  Whoops, there goes Stanford, and Arizona, and WSU.  Three down, three to go.

I personally think the seeding procedure is designed to give the same teams from the better known conferences as much of a free ride as possible into the Sweet 16 year after year. Several poor teams got  good seeds while good but lesser followed teams like Winthrop got the shaft. Some teams shouldn't have made it at all but got there on name value only.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890