Author Topic: Any word on the Fantasy Naval game talked about a few years back??  (Read 5439 times)

Offline indraunt

Last I heard it was in the works... the beginings of in the works, but in the works anyway. Is there any word on it?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Any word on the Fantasy Naval game talked about a few years back??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:27:54 AM »
I'm guessing its been put on hold somewhat pernamently in light of recent events. :-\
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 06:03:47 AM »
Mmm, Sea of Swords, yes.

I imagine completely canned, Thom probably has the original designs still though, but I doubt they'll ever see the light of day.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:10:42 AM »
to bad this never saw the light.
I dont think theres a fansty naval game on the market now and GWs Fansty navel game is still loved by many fans ( if you believe what one reads on the internet)
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:38:16 AM »
There is that one collectable sort of card game with the make your own ships-but that is more historical.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »
Pirates?

Offline indraunt

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »
Yeah Pirates is the one.
Many people (granted, they tend to be the fanatical players who only play Man o War) believe that Man o War is the best game GW has ever produced.
I don't play it... mostly due ot a lack of players, but more because I'm much more interested in modelling and being creative, but I agree - it was the best GW has made.
Unfortunately one of the main reasons it was so good was its undoing - you only needed a few miniatures, which meant people didn't need to keep buying more and more like they do with their other games.
I believe fantasy naval wargaming is a niche that really needs to be filled.
I am also willing to bet if someone were to produce one and it was a success GW and Privateer Press will jump on the bandwagon - there is already mild talk of a Warmachine naval game.
I myself have written some draft rules and can easily make ships... Problem is I'm hopeless when working alone - I get distracted easily. So I'm trying to muster up some supporters to lend a hand in whatever way they can, and maybe I can get something made.

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »
A naval game exercises a strong fascination on me  ;)