Author Topic: ArcherCon Organization, etc.  (Read 4450 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
ArcherCon Organization, etc.
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:32 AM »
1. I'm bringin' about 2000 points of Devout, Wolf Clan Dwarves, and Dark Tusk Dwarves.  Helios Elves around 1500 points. 

Name some army/game sizes for BOTH Chronopia and Warzone.

This event is pretty casual, but I think having lists drawn up ahead of time, and some challenges thrown down would speed things up.  I'd like to fight only people that I don't get to see often enough.  I think that should be the focus of things regarding the dice and pewter.

I plan on crashing out there.  I'm bringin' a toothbrush.  Plan accordingly y'all.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: ArcherCon Organization, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:10 PM »
1. I'm bringin' about 2000 points of Devout, Wolf Clan Dwarves, and Dark Tusk Dwarves.  Helios Elves around 1500 points. 

Name some army/game sizes for BOTH Chronopia and Warzone.

This event is pretty casual, but I think having lists drawn up ahead of time, and some challenges thrown down would speed things up.  I'd like to fight only people that I don't get to see often enough.  I think that should be the focus of things regarding the dice and pewter.

I plan on crashing out there.  I'm bringin' a toothbrush.  Plan accordingly y'all.

Bring a sleepin bag too.

To my knowledge, Tiny is crashing out with his missus up in the spare room.  That leaves the front room (weather permitting) and living room after festivities.

As for Game sizes...

small matches work best unless there is team throwdowns.  then go for size.  a 4x6 board with 4k in armies is a mad thing
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:04 PM »
I'll pack a little lighter then!!  I don't have a sleeping bag, but I'll bring some blankets and a pillow.  Thanks for the info John.

Wedge

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »
Man... I am jealous...  :(

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »
No worries.  If everyone behaves themselves, we might do this again at Archer's or find a spot in the middle where the Midwest crew and the East Coast crew could meet.  Any halfway point would do with an inexpensive motel.  (This only sounds lecherous).   Between three or four rooms, with some folding tables, we could have a weekend con of our own that is almost as cheap as a con.  It would take a lot of planning, a weekend time commitment, and enough participants to pull off.  Let's see how this one goes drawing guys from north Jersey to Reading, and then start machinations from there. 

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:23:38 PM »
well...the halfway point for a lot of the Midwesterners and y'all east coasters is here in Cleveland(ish), or conveniently in Columbus during Origins...

let me know if things go well for y'all, and I'll try to talk the missus to maybe see if I can host something over here, or failing that, find a local place to host a gathering of the Clans...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:24:42 AM »
I hear ya... but I am in California.  :'(  Not that easy for me.  It's okay.  I can still play PBEM games! :)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
No worries.  If everyone behaves themselves, we might do this again at Archer's or find a spot in the middle where the Midwest crew and the East Coast crew could meet.  Any halfway point would do with an inexpensive motel.  (This only sounds lecherous).   Between three or four rooms, with some folding tables, we could have a weekend con of our own that is almost as cheap as a con.  It would take a lot of planning, a weekend time commitment, and enough participants to pull off.  Let's see how this one goes drawing guys from north Jersey to Reading, and then start machinations from there. 

Indeed.  If I can get my little grill up and running this year (or simply break down and by a new regularsize one) and the weather cooperates, the next one here will also be a cook out. :)

as for a Half-Way point for a nationwide,  Origins is a nice mid-point...  For those that happen to travel on walkabout (as has happened in past; a number of 40k players from other forums I frequent have done so) comes through the Philly area, I image a shindig can be organized fast.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y