Author Topic: alternate blackbloods  (Read 4593 times)

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
alternate blackbloods
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »
Hello.

With some of the sources for mini's drying up and shipping from Europe is a nightmare I am thinking of doing an all orc black blood army using the GW easterling models. They would be somewhat small but the models are eastern/arabian looking. I could convert them enough for them to used as assault warriors, swordsman, and archers. 

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Jase

Re: alternate blackbloods
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:47:07 AM »
That would work - especially with the plastics box giving you spears, swords and shields. Kataphracts would count as Kutara lancers as well. What would you use for an alchemist?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:29:43 AM »
Hello.

I have an alchemist fig but I was thinking using of some character figs from GW like the new wizards for empire.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:23:40 AM »
You know with a bit of work, the Haradrim figures could also be used for caravan guards
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:45:08 PM »
http://www.black-tree-design.com/btdcat.php?ctry=uk&lng=gb&rangenum=10&typenum=90&qty=0&sub=&shp=&tot=

These might not be too bad, though they are also on the smallish side.

Offline Pietia

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 02:36:43 AM »
I use Easterling Warriors for Orc swordsmen and archers. Keratis Warriors from Rackham make great Ogre Infantry ("new" Keratis with sword and shield as the Ogre Heavy, "old" Keratis with two-handed weapons as the Ogre Elite). Nefarius Clone makes great Troll Deathseeker - its roughly the right size and has exactly the same weapons as TD (two one-handed swords and one two-handed). Dirz miniatures have this "middle-eastern" look and feel :D .