Author Topic: Help needed for Gaelcon 2005  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Freak

Help needed for Gaelcon 2005
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:08:11 AM »
Dear Excelsior crew

I'm hoping this reaches you as I don't know if my previous attempt to contact you was successful, with all the problems you've been having with the site I'm not surprised but I'm hoping that now with things running a bit more smoothly I might get lucky.

I hate to appear pleading but I'm hoping you can help me promote Warzone/Chronopia at Gaelcon (big Irish 'Con) this October.

Because of some problems last year along with the change in the rules to the new Ultimate Edition we decided not to run any Warzone at Gaelcon in 2004 but this year I am going to give it a bash, more then that I'm going to try and do a general promotion of the game here in Ireland through most of the Convention season here and try to get more players interested.

I'm hoping you can help me out with prize support as you did last time but more then that what I need is promotional material, lots of it. Flyers, posters, banners, catalogues, you name it and can think of it I'll take it and try and push the whole system, Warzone and Chronopia both. I'm talking to  a few of the retailers here (there aren't many) and trying to see if any of them will carry it also but a lot of people don't know about the game so I need stuff that will get it talked about.

As well as this I'm hoping you are feeling generous, because as well as some prizes and promo stuff I'm hoping you would be willing to donate something to the Charity Auction. We hold one every year and last time round managed to raise in excess of €20,000 for childrens charities in Ireland, it's a great event and is for a good cause. If the excelsior team could see their way to donating some artwork (signed, original whatever we take it) or something similar it would be great.

I'm posting this request up on the forums now that they're up just in case my e-mail address gets bounced by your spam filter ( long story) with time pressing I really hope you can help out.

Plus if any players happen to find themselves Dublin around the 29th-31st of October it would be great if you could join us, trust me Gaelcon is lots of fun, website is below.

www.gaelcon.com

Thanks again.

Brian F. Kenny

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Help needed for Gaelcon 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:17:36 PM »
Hello Brian,
  We would be happy to help you out. We always supported Gael Con in the past and the charity auction sounds like a worthy charity. PM me the mailing address please.

Thom
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Freak2

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 01:54:07 AM »
Thanks Thom, (sorry for delay, had to set up a new account 'cause my password seems to have disappeared into the electronic ether). I sent Jon an email with my address on it but I'll PM it to you as well.

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 08:24:17 AM »
Got it..thanks.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Big_ED

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 10:24:10 AM »
There shall be more Zombies that you can shake a stick at this year.

I love this Con so much.
Cheers for the support.

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:00:55 PM »
Support materials are in the mail.
Hope that all goes well with the con.

Jon