Author Topic: Warzone Online? What happened  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Jase

Warzone Online? What happened
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:01:31 PM »
I used to lurk on the Paradox forums and remember there was someone amping up that they were working on a Warzone online game. Anyone remember this? Does anyone know if they got past concept stages or dropped the project completly?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

zebuleon

Re: Warzone Online? What happened
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:22 PM »
It got into early testing but thats it.  The designers had a year or so to develop and find a publisher.  They didn't, so the game was scrapped.  I still have the files, although I can't play it the models were looking good but the overall game play was a little weak, and the engine (torque) they were using wasn't the best for an mmorpg at the time.  The engine has gotten better(I actually own licenses to it)  but I don't think Paradox will try again unless someone ponies up a lot of money before hand for the IP license.

Offline Jase

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 01:52:14 PM »
Thanks for the info, I wondered what had happened to it.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:16:35 PM »
Perhaps someone out to make a mod of another engine?

Offline Jase

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »
Like Dawn of War? That would be sweet.

Jase

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
More like "World of Warzone".
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!