Author Topic: Missing Imperial Special Forces  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Missing Imperial Special Forces
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Will the following special forces show up in future books: Bad Samaritan's, Blue Lions, Blue Berets, Shamrocks,and Thom's favorite Wild Rose's. I have several of these squads painted allready and they dont require new mini's.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Missing Imperial Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:01:56 PM »
I'd put money on it.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:28:33 AM »
I expect to see them at some point.  I loved the Shamrocks back in first edition.  My personal problem is that I can't settle on a particular favorite clan, so my special forces models sit primed on my shelf waiting for the day when I can decide whether they're Sterlings, or hunters, or Rams.  I don't see the restoration of the rest of the Clan special forces making this choice any easier.  Maybe I'll just have to break down and buy enought to paint up a squad or two of each, though my wallet dislikes that option.

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 09:49:40 AM »
Yes, they will.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »
Maybe we could work on getting some stats and abilities for these squads. Something agreeable with all of us that are still going to be playing Warzone no matter what happens in the future. Thanks Phil
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 08:27:09 AM »
It's been just about 8 months since Thom said these units would return. I personally would like to see them since i have most of them painted allready. So can we decuss getting them back into play or could someone PM or Email me the point system because i'am more than willing to post all units and ind's that are missing from the 1st two editions. I enjoy the game and want to continue to enjoy it but as a player since 1st edition i'd like to have everything that was left out and hopefully with the input from others come up with some new balanced units to keep the game fresh. Thanks Phil

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
I understand you wanting to field your nicely painted pieces but, I think that it is a slipperly slope trying to design troops on our own.  I imagine everyone in house already has their own little quirks and I think that is OK for the fun and enjoyment of your group.  However, if/when I play people out at cons, personally I will be going straight out of the book and the printed copy of the FAQ that I carry with my book.

Just my thoughts.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.