Author Topic: Army question  (Read 4378 times)

Offline mlnunn

Army question
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:43:34 AM »
I started out with 6 players, 2 on 2 on 2...  well I lost a player so now I have 5. Any suggestions on ways to make even teams? 

One side two 1500 point armies the other side three 1000 point seems to be the most obvious choice, is there an obvious fault with that I am missing? 

M
You have never lived 'til you've almost died.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: Army question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:48:23 AM »
I started out with 6 players, 2 on 2 on 2...  well I lost a player so now I have 5. Any suggestions on ways to make even teams? 

One side two 1500 point armies the other side three 1000 point seems to be the most obvious choice, is there an obvious fault with that I am missing? 

M

No, there's nothing at all wrong with your logic. As long as the point costs for both sides are equal, that is the key to maintaining as much of a balance as possible when working with an odd number of players.

Me personally, whenever I know I'm running a game with an odd number of players, I would also try to work the army lists where the side with fewer players has more activations, somewhat making up for their lack of a third players.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Army question
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:14:54 AM »
The game is balanced enough that as long as the points are equal you can have any number of players per side. Southpaw, COldthunder, myself and another friend played a three on one scenario yesterday and had a blast.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890