Author Topic: Archercon!!  (Read 24098 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Archercon!!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
John -

It will probably be another week before I can nail an answer down from work. I am currently wieighing the options of driving vs the train. How close is the nearest Amtrack station to you? The parking situation? I will give you an answer next Friday. I hope that does not throw your logistics off.

Nah- doesn't throw anything off.  Nearest Amtrack station to me is Lancaster PA- about a 40 minute drive.  Parking by me is not great but depending on bodies coming, it should be fine.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:48 AM »
John,

Just checking on the Heroes, figured not, but wanted to see how the Crescentian one plated out. NO Big..As for the Dino's no probs there either, even if they are over costed...I can adapt.

No biggie. 

And beating an army because the game was ERROR filled (and boy was it) doesn't count. THe Earlier version I will concede, however. I shouldn't have put a half-cooked (finished) army on the field , especially against you. I'll bring the HAus regardless what actual army I plan on playing, because I know there will be much smack and I will have to put it down.

Yeah it was a messy game, wasn't it.  But the fact remains, had you beaten me, you'd have crowed all over about it... and we both know it.  ;D :D ;D

Thanks for the compliment... You are not the only one to learn not to half-baked against me.  The Philly crowd used to throw concept armies against me to see how they fared- Two have gotten scary armies out of it too...  Jeff consistantly takes me to the wire every time (split games, iirc) and Dave Imperials has punted me all over the table.  *shrug*  (I'll never get the chance to hunt down Dave's Imperials- I believe he longer has them)
  Not done that in a while but oh well...  At least I get to teach Leslie some of the game.

I suspect whatever you throw at me will be a tight list and very difficult to face.  But I expect nothing less outa you... you are too competetive not to put forth your best.  ;)

"Eliminating Bauhaus leadership and support elements disrupts the Homebuilder Army; without strong leadership, they collapse due to their inherent deference to and reliance on Royal or Household Officers." - from Opinions of a Master Tactician: the memiors of Colonel J. 'Ratboy' Williams
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:41:59 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
Committed to attending:

joshuaslater
wmeredith
jjdoger
masherking
jibbajabbawocky
Phillysniper
CKGeist

Verbal committment/tenative

Tiny from DE and his missus
Topkick
dmcgee1

who knows?

TPrime
JP

Estimated playing space is three 4x4, one 3.5 x 5.5 dining room table.  If the weather cooperates, I can add the back deck and another table.  Painting area and such is set aside so there is no issues there.

I go to Home Depot for the plywood and 2x4s for sawhorses/legs next weekend, which is a Clean the House and Garage weekend.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

CKGeist

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »
Hey fearless leader;

Hate to spoil the fun with details, but what size army lists. For those looking for bragging rights?

WE doing catch as catch can or playing out tourney style..Because from where I'm sitting you have several heavy hitters attending?

"Sir, you're mortally wounded what do we do about the encroaching Capital line?"
"You are a Homebuilder Soldier, You do as you have been trained from birth. You smash them like the rabble that they are!!" Words over between a homebuilder Kommandant and senior NCO before the surprise rally and subsequent  route of Capital by Bauhaus forces at the battle of Frenchman's Flats

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 05:19:36 AM »
Hate to spoil the fun with details, but what size army lists. For those looking for bragging rights?

Don't wory - it's not the size of your list that matters, Chuck.  No one will care if your's is not the most robust, buddy. ;)  I mean, getting it caught between a Hammer and an Anvil explains a lot - it's okay... ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:21:50 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 06:37:57 AM »
Hey fearless leader;

WE doing catch as catch can or playing out tourney style..Because from where I'm sitting you have several heavy hitters attending?

Catch as catch can.  Considering the table are only so large, its up to you guys what size game you wanna play.  I mean, if you want to do the humungo 3k-a-side battle royale, go for it; though you will be bogarting the diningroom table for it. (btw- I can *almost* pull that off.... and not with the army you think)

If anyone is looking for Bragging Rights for whupping folks, I suspect a 750 to 800 point list is fair.  It's what started Dave on his hatred of things Cyber.  Jeff just compounded it... ;D ;D :o ;D ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
3 undead legionnaires and a spoon vs ?????????

I have confidence that I will emerge victorious. Form the list of potential attendees I believe that I am one of the few if not the only one who might be attending who has sat across the battlefield from Thom and not lost. (cue triumphal fanfare music)  :o  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 06:44:21 AM »

Don't wory - it's not the size of your list that matters, Chuck.  No one will care if your's is not the most robust, buddy. ;)  I mean, getting it caught between a Hammer and an Anvil explains a lot - it's okay... ;D

Oh DA-yum...  Is it me or did I hear a challenge gauntlet.  Or was that a simple poke-fun-at?

Only time will tell in this future meeting of old foes on the fields of the WARZONE!!!  Reporting from the Venusian Central Mountains of Penn, this is S. Mart Arse for Luna News-  We Report, The Cardinal Saves!!!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 06:50:28 AM »
3 undead legionnaires and a spoon vs ?????????

I have confidence that I will emerge victorious. Form the list of potential attendees I believe that I am one of the few if not the only one who might be attending who has sat across the battlefield from Thom and not lost. (cue triumphal fanfare music)  :o  ;D

cue the sound of a needle scratching accross record and dying

Not So Fast, Big Man....  If its Chrono you talking, then I got nothing to say as he has royally kicked my firstborn accross the table... twice  :o (hell in about thirty games of chrono period, I have won a total of maybe nin times and two with armies not my own!)

If its Warzone....  he's come close. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 04:09:51 PM »
I always liked with 1000pts with a time limit...
              ...though 3000pts Mad group Brawl has a certain charm.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

CKGeist

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »
Actually my friend from the midwest (and I need to know if you need a ride before the 12th) , bit the tinman and I have beaten the old coot. Tinman with (I believe) the 5 hundred thousand LI and a shark. Which should go down as the most annoying army in history.That army was like shooting fish in a barrel, except it wasa bottomless barrel, I thik I ran out of bulets. And I beat him at the Shop with The Hammer. ME and Hans also whooped him and Dodger in a Mega BAttle at the shop Haus versus Cyber. You would be amazed at what 6 lge squads of dragoons (with snipers) on a hill can do to an enemy advance. That was when we learned that templates can be used on your own guys with a ldrshp roll.   

AS for chronopia most people have that bragging right, except I think Tinman...

I think I can come up with 3000 pts though..could be skimpy but hey..

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 01:31:13 PM »
John add me to your tenative list. I'll try to make it but it is the only day i'am off that weekend.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »
Ill br bringing Cyber and Capitol (and Cartel, if I can get them painted in time) as well as some terrain. I might be bringing a couple of strays that I picked up on the side of the road as well  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 04:39:13 AM »
Ill br bringing Cyber and Capitol (and Cartel, if I can get them painted in time) as well as some terrain. I might be bringing a couple of strays that I picked up on the side of the road as well  ;D

Works for me bro.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 11:44:26 AM »
since me and jibba are planing to drive down I see about digging out some terrain from the O' closet of Doom.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful