Author Topic: Archercon!!  (Read 24095 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Archercon!!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »
I think a road trip might be in order... :)

A question: How are you having the wee dog being fed people food?  I am a notorious sucker for animals.

Thats a no-no in this house.  We have managed to keep Caleb off of human food- no human food, no begging at the table.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

CKGeist

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 12:45:09 AM »
Tinman;

I'm in town all that week, not leaving until Monday. So do you want to get fed to the Spiders or the Dino's? Your choice, and I may even have them painted. Then again maybe not, it's always more embarassing to get squished by an unpainted Hammer than a pretty one.

HAUS RULES & SWAMPIES BITE

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 05:25:18 AM »
Tinman;

I'm in town all that week, not leaving until Monday. So do you want to get fed to the Spiders or the Dino's? Your choice, and I may even have them painted. Then again maybe not, it's always more embarassing to get squished by an unpainted Hammer than a pretty one.

Oh do bring it....  I got something for them both.  *checks load on the Deathlok Drum*  Most definately... :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »
I think a road trip might be in order... :)

A question: How are you having the wee dog being fed people food?  I am a notorious sucker for animals.

Thats a no-no in this house.  We have managed to keep Caleb off of human food- no human food, no begging at the table.

Well, i guess he'll just have to make due with extra belly scratching. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
You're gonna scratch your belly in public - I warned you about that.  Now, I have to bring my danger-sensitive sunglasses - great!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:09:22 PM »
I thought belly scratching was okay but hunting for belly button lint is definitely a no-no
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

CKGeist

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »

Oh do bring it....  I got something for them both.  *checks load on the Deathlok Drum*  Most definately... :)

I do believe, I hear the screams of more poor Capital doughboys being ground under the Hammer and Anvil.

On second thought I'll bring stunties (beat you with your own kind) and Sandpeople (We told the Caps to stay out out of the Sandbox, oh well).

Anyhow, looks like I'm in not sure who I'm bringin, but I will prolly need to do some purchasing if anyone is looking to dump figs.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 06:19:42 AM »

I do believe, I hear the screams of more poor Capital doughboys being ground under the Hammer and Anvil.

On second thought I'll bring stunties (beat you with your own kind) and Sandpeople (We told the Caps to stay out out of the Sandbox, oh well).

Anyhow, looks like I'm in not sure who I'm bringin, but I will prolly need to do some purchasing if anyone is looking to dump figs.

Chuckie- who says I am bringing Capitol to that dino-shoot?  I know I got lucky the first time I faced Hammer/Anvil and I admit it.  I know better now... and I have a better trick up my sleeve.  A much better trick up my sleeve.

I hope your commander brought a big enough coffin for your pets....

As for Chrono-  Beating me in Chronopia is no big feat- I lose alot of games with my first born and losing in Chrono does not bother me- as long as it's a good close game.   Which reminds me....

SLATER!!!  I'M Coming for YOU!
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

CKGeist

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 07:48:31 PM »
TinMan, Tinman

Remember this, you may have a trick up your sleeve, but unless I forget H&A has never been beat...Dino's yes. H& A  Not so much..To include when you played them (admitted by you) bass ackward againt a bunch of rusted tincans.. I may bring them just to prove a point, But I have something else in mind..BTW Are the Heroes allowed, since they were slated to be published before company went bye bye? If not No big, and what is the ruling on mounted. Do they cost an action for the rider to shoot or are they like vehicles?

"In any battle one maxim always holds true, he who shoots the last round wins"-- Homebuilder Officers Guide, affectionately referred to as "The HOG"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 04:43:26 AM »
..BTW Are the Heroes allowed, since they were slated to be published before company went bye bye? If not No big, and what is the ruling on mounted. Do they cost an action for the rider to shoot or are they like vehicles?

"In any battle one maxim always holds true, he who shoots the last round wins"-- Homebuilder Officers Guide, affectionately referred to as "The HOG"

What is this talk of heros?
do you mean the characters from the main rulebook?
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »
TinMan, Tinman

Remember this, you may have a trick up your sleeve, but unless I forget H&A has never been beat...Dino's yes. H& A  Not so much..To include when you played them (admitted by you) bass ackward againt a bunch of rusted tincans.. I may bring them just to prove a point, But I have something else in mind..BTW Are the Heroes allowed, since they were slated to be published before company went bye bye? If not No big, and what is the ruling on mounted. Do they cost an action for the rider to shoot or are they like vehicles?

Never been beat...  Um.  No.  I beat them... Granted, it was in an error-filled game on both sides but I beat them with troops left on the Artic Tundra.  Then again, I beat the first version of them without breaking a sweat using my Cartel.  An army I was experimenting with at the time too. :)

To my knowledge, I'm the ONLY person to beat them... and while I have avoided fighting that game again, I am willing to.  But it you have something that you feel can beat me, by all means bring it. :)

IIRC, they are considered one model so action 1 dino moves, action two rider shoots, action three dino moves unless I am mistaken, and I may be- I don't use them unless I am feeding my army roast raptor.

The Heroes thing is something no one has heard of, Chuck.  Hell, I barely remember it.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 06:06:34 AM »
...BTW Are the Heroes allowed, since they were slated to be published before company went bye bye?...

IIRC heroes  was a step between Individuals and Personalities. To me they were a dangerous step onto the slippery slope of uber characters that would have lead to the imbalances that plagued the 1st ed.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 06:42:45 AM »
...BTW Are the Heroes allowed, since they were slated to be published before company went bye bye?...

IIRC heroes  was a step between Individuals and Personalities. To me they were a dangerous step onto the slippery slope of uber characters that would have lead to the imbalances that plagued the 1st ed.

That was the big question when it was proposed... thanks Hal.

btw- should I make certain to save some space for you on the 17th?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 06:46:57 AM »
John -

It will probably be another week before I can nail an answer down from work. I am currently wieighing the options of driving vs the train. How close is the nearest Amtrack station to you? The parking situation? I will give you an answer next Friday. I hope that does not throw your logistics off.

CKGeist

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 08:51:58 AM »
Hal;

If you decide on the train and you get to the Philly ,(30th st) station, I can get you up to John's. Just drop me an E-mail or call..still same number.

John,

Just checking on the Heroes, figured not, but wanted to see how the Crescentian one plated out. NO Big..As for the Dino's no probs there either, even if they are over costed...I can adapt.

And beating an army because the game was ERROR filled (and boy was it) doesn't count. THe Earlier version I will concede, however. I shouldn't have put a half-cooked (finished) army on the field , especially against you. I'll bring the HAus regardless what actual army I plan on playing, because I know there will be much smack and I will have to put it down.

"The Bauhaus Homebuilder is the finest soldier in existance. He is the best trained, equipped and most disciplined instrument of war in the known universe. Use him approrpriately and he will crush the foes of Cardinal and the BauHuas Corporation"  Opening paragrah on leadership from the "Homebuilder Officers Guide"