Author Topic: Archercon!!  (Read 24214 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Archercon!!
« on: February 13, 2007, 06:37:11 AM »
(ok- this is a GO at this time…)

Archer Productions, in conjunction with Black Sheep LLtGF (Lady Leslie the Gamer-Fox) are proud to present…

ARCHERcon 1  (yes- 1; if this doesn’t wreck the place, there will be a few more)

Archercon is held in beautiful(?) Reading Pa at 1410 Hampden Blvd on the 17th of March, 2007.
  Parking is tight but there is plenty in walking distance.

A few items to note:

The Gamer-Fox’s Den has several animals in it- a Snake, a Cat, 11(!!) birds and a clown of a dog.  Anyone with allergies is forewarned…

Events as planned (terrain donations depending) are as follows:

Miniature Games:
Ultimate Warzone
Chronopia
Doom Trooper Raids (more on this in a different post)
Battletech (added game)

and potentially more games up for play!

Painting:
Open Painting (place for Primer Work available)

Other:
Playstation 2 gaming- NCAA 05 Football, SOCOM US Navy Seals 2 and 3, Conflict Global Terror.  More Titles can be added as need be.

The neato stuff and disclaimers:

Snacks and Beverage will be available* and there is a really good Italian restaurant/pizzeria two blocks away for food. 

As it is Saint Patrick’s Day, imbibers of the Sacred Beverages (Including but not limited to single malt or Guiness) Shall be handing Keys over.  There will be no transit accidents after this event due to imbibing a bit too much.  So if you expect to have a few, pack a bag.  The police here can be mean...and we like them that way.

Those driving further than 3 hours away automatically have the right to snag crash-space.  Please let us know in advance so we may plan out the space so everone has a place to be.

No horseplay please- too many breakable/antiques.    If the desire for such is strong, you can be taken to the barn and actually indulge in such with the horse(s).  I am certain Pappy will be amused…He's as much of  a clown as the dog and a lot bigger.

*- donations to the cause are very graciously accepted... and contributions to the snack and beverage collection will be eaten. :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:35:00 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Archercon!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 07:14:35 AM »
VeezCon would like to express its interest as a proud sponsor of ArcherCon1.  We will be able to provide material and landscaping support.  Sadly we will be unable to provide personnel due to an upcoming training event.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:20:53 AM »
Okay!!  I haven't scheduled anything with Greg at Between Books yet.  I'd rather see one event pulled off right, than too many done half way.

Dalton will surely not make it.  Bouncing on St. Patty's day is his busy season.  Will Meredith and I will prolly make it now that his schedule is more normalized, and I'm hoping we can get a ride up with Bryon PhillySniper or somebody.  Let me know what terrain to bring, as I'm getting a substantial amount of jungle gear from PetSmart! 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:51:18 AM »
VeezCon would like to express its interest as a proud sponsor of ArcherCon1.  We will be able to provide material and landscaping support.  Sadly we will be unable to provide personnel due to an upcoming training event.

As always, Archer Productions is alway welcoming of Veezcon Material Support.  Incidentally, the warward agent has been located and will be tained shortly.  Expect him to be shipped to you location by next week.

(grrr... I need to to get to the damn post office!!)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »
I doubt if I can cmae it but if I do would anyone be interested in some Legions of Steel making the trip with me?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »
I doubt if I can cmae it but if I do would anyone be interested in some Legions of Steel making the trip with me?

I'm willing to learn.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »

I got see if I'll be free for this shindig but I be down with that.
      ....have more robots then any man ever needed (painted to boot)
               ....plus all other armies (most of which are still in blisters  :P)
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »
Painted forces I can supply basic UNE, Machine and Infrinite forces - Unpainted I could possibly supply everyone in attendence with a basic force.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »

I have the rules but no figs but I would be willing to give it a shot.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
The 17th is fine for me i'am off that weekend.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
Painted forces I can supply basic UNE, Machine and Infrinite forces - Unpainted I could possibly supply everyone in attendence with a basic force.  ;D

Top,

Remember that since you are over three hours away, you got crash space.  Nearest Airports to us are Lehigh Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem), Harrisburg and Philadelphia.
  Reading has an airport but I don't think anyone flys into/out of there except charters.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »
It's lookin' like a party.   ;D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »
So far, the wife says, "We'll see."  Give her a week and a reminder that a babysitter exists, and she'll be onboard.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:12 AM »
So far, the wife says, "We'll see."  Give her a week and a reminder that a babysitter exists, and she'll be onboard.

:D :D :D

Well, it is a month away.  She may cave before then.

Incidentally, can you and the others bring terrain?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 06:53:48 AM »
I think a road trip might be in order... :)

A question: How are you having the wee dog being fed people food?  I am a notorious sucker for animals.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba