Author Topic: Dark Tusk Totem In Trouble  (Read 7661 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Dark Tusk Totem In Trouble
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »
Can you say Ouch!!!! :o

Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Dark Tusk Totem In Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
I can also say well played!!  Was this at Dreamation??  It looks like masherking's Totem, and I recognized your Jade House Elves--new flying Dragonbane Phil?  Looks like a good fight.  Give us some details man!!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
Yes it was at Dreamation and yes its Steve's (Masherking) Totem being used by IronPanda. On this turn I had a squad of Jade Elf Axeman just crossed the river and were Slaughtered by the Totem who then charged the Dragonbane Flyer who somehow managed to servive the charge.(Lucky Dice Roll) Spiders Arrive to save the day.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »
Sounds like a fun game.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »
     So, who won?  It does indeed look like a fun game.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »
The swamp Goblins won.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Iron Panda

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
AAHHH!  Flashbacks!!!  I was just getting over the shame... the defeat.... 

Steve,  Your formidable Dark Tusks were shamed under my inept hands....Sniff... sob...

Phil,  I gotta say, well played.  The spiders were mean as hell and the Dark Tusks never had a chance. 

A brief batrep:

(from memory)

1 Novice shaman
4 Spiders
1 Flying Dragonbane
6 Axemen
6 Spearmen

I had:

1 Dark Tusk Totem
1 Flame Throwe Squad
4 Dark Axe Warriors
4 Dark Axe Warriors
4 Dark Axe Warriors
1 Dark Tusk Raider

Phil's spiders pretty much rushed the board and crossed half of it on turn one.  The Dragonbane flew halfway also into cover near my units, while the axemen halfway crossed the river.  Meanwhile my Dark Axe Warriors  maneuvered into position and taking the passes near my deployment zone.  The Flamethrower team followed closely on one of the DW squad facing the approaching Axemen.  The raider moved securing my left and supported by DW squad.  The totem also moved towards the approaching spiders and

This is where the hurt came in.  His spiders leaped into my Raider and the supporting Dark Axes.  They pretty much decimated the Dark Axes and put a serious hurt on the Raider.  (Damn Leap Maneuver!  Can't even charge from wait!)  The Totem, proving no slouch,  charged into the approaching spearmen and just laid waste into them.   As the axemen crossed the river, they were met by my flamethrower and half of them were reduced to Elf cinders. 

The Dragonbane, witnessing the flaming death of his elite axemen, was filled with rage.  He charged into the flamethrower squad impaling one with his lance and the mount chomping into the other.  The Dark Axes, undeterred, smashed into the Dragonbane and gave it some grievous wounds.  The Totem, still slavering with fury and dripping with elven blood, rushed into the Dragonbone killing it.

The spiders, after finishing the Raider and the Axes, moved towards the remaining Totem, surrounded it and with small bites and cuts, slowly killed the Totem.  (Ouch!)

All in all, the game was cool and whetted my appetite more for Chronopia.  Can't wait for the next con. 

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »
Excellent report !  That sounded like a great game.  Plenty of death all around.  Those spiders sounded bad.  I think I'll llok them up.  Glad to see somebody is getting to play Chronopia..................(sigh) ;).
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Jase

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:57:11 AM »
Not to be a killjoy, but don't you need a Keeper in the team to field a Totem?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 01:40:04 PM »
Dont have rule book with me but this was a quick friendly game that we both agreed to the forces used.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Jase

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »
Dont have rule book with me but this was a quick friendly game that we both agreed to the forces used.

Well that's groovy.  Freindly games the best.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."