Author Topic: 300! Most Awesome Trailer or Hopefully, the Movie!  (Read 14097 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Re: 300! Most Awesome Trailer or Hopefully, the Movie!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 09:03:20 AM »
What really makes this production special is that it is being done by the same guy (don't know name-sorry) who did Sin City.  He went out of his way to match the scenes shots with those from the graphic novel-in essence to translate the one directly to the other.  Why that is important is not only will the story of The 300 match the graphic novel (unlike, say Eragon [blasphemy]) the imagery will as well.  A friend of mine read it and says that each scene in the preview matches frame per frame.

Robert Rodriguez.  He was also supposed to do the Jon Carter on Mars flick, with the guy who did Sky Captain.  However, he got in a tiff with the Directors Guild and left, so the studio pulled him from the project.  :(
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
     As long as the director doesn't fiddle around with the historical aspect of it I'll be pleased I'm sure.  I haven't read the graphic novel, is it fairly accurate, historically speaking?

Not having read the Graphic novel I will say this. The general vibe I get its a Graphic novel first  a history lesson second..
   ....maybe third  ;)

Still looks like an AWESOME flick to me.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
Ghost Rider (fan-freakin-tastic movie BTW) had an extended trailer which made me wish 300 was out now. I know where I'll be on 09 March - Glued to a theater seat. Hoody-friggin-Hoo
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »
Supposedly the critics panned it.  What did you enjoy about it? (Not smacking you, I'm just curious for a review).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 04:53:35 PM »
Supposedly the critics panned it.  What did you enjoy about it? (Not smacking you, I'm just curious for a review).

Nice blend of long standing comic elements with some of the newer story arcs with a bit of a Western thrown in. Nick Cage was relaxed and seemed to actually be enjoying himself and it made the campy bits fun instead of irritating. Nice mythological/biblical elements in the villians. Throw in Sam Elliot - the man as far as movie tough guys go in my book and you have a great movie...also Eva Mendes as eye candy really satisfies the sweet-tooth.

I have been a long standing fan of Ghost Rider so my viewpoint may be flawed but I am not ashamed to say I loved the movie, hope for a sequel and plan on buying it for my Ghost Rider collection when it hits the shelves. 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »

Nice blend of long standing comic elements with some of the newer story arcs with a bit of a Western thrown in. Nick Cage was relaxed and seemed to actually be enjoying himself and it made the campy bits fun instead of irritating. Nice mythological/biblical elements in the villians. Throw in Sam Elliot - the man as far as movie tough guys go in my book and you have a great movie...also Eva Mendes as eye candy really satisfies the sweet-tooth.

I have been a long standing fan of Ghost Rider so my viewpoint may be flawed but I am not ashamed to say I loved the movie, hope for a sequel and plan on buying it for my Ghost Rider collection when it hits the shelves. 

So in short
" I LIKE IT!!!"
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 06:00:13 PM »
Yeah if you want the short version - " I LIKED IT!!!"

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »

* Note to self

I hope no one finds out about the summer I accidently set my hair on fire at the family Bar B Q and decided to hop on my bike screaming "Beware of Ghost Rider, He rides again!!!!"
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 06:55:22 PM »

* Note to self

I hope no one finds out about the summer I accidently set my hair on fire at the family Bar B Q and decided to hop on my bike screaming "Beware of Ghost Rider, He rides again!!!!"

But dude
you never have hair... :o
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 04:33:59 AM »
Too much info :o
(the hair thing, not the review)
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Iron Panda

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 09:12:29 AM »

But dude
you never have hair...

That was probably the last time he ever had his beloved hair. ;D 

Sorry, Philly, I couldn't resist.