Author Topic: helllp  (Read 5556 times)

Offline pinksuezo

helllp
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
Hey all, pretty new to Warzone. I have the second edition rules and Forces of War armylist. I bought the Brotherhood Cathedral expansion pack, so now I have a Brotherhood Visionary and a Dark Legion Angel of Mercy with 1st edition stats, which i dont know how to play. Does anyone know where i can find 2nd edition stats (weapon stats too) for these 2 units? (or, if youre really, really nice, post them or something?)  I also face the same situation with a Mishima Hachiman Masadoko figure. Any help is appreciated. thanks!
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
Re: helllp
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »
To the best of my recollect, there never were stats for those models.  I'm sure they would've been included in the appropriate source books if they would have ever been written.  My advice would be to track down a copy of UWZ.  It plays very much like 2nd Ed did, just with more color and revised H-t-H combat rules.  Last I had seen they were going pretty cheaply on Ebay (about $20.00) but that was a few months ago.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
Hello.

I have seen their stats in UWZ, just get a copy that and you are fine.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
thanks. i gona try to download uwz off the net, and i'm gona first try to see if i can just convert their stats to 2nd edition, which would be easier. also, i can always pretend the angel is just a nepharite of semai or something hah.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:22:57 AM »
Chribu has a site that has all warzone info including the complete UWZ book that you can download. I'll ask him to post the site.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline kman

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »
Although I'll echo the comments of others that you should try out UWZ, here are the 2nd Ed. stats for the Visionary and Angel of Mercy.  These were drafted by the studio and sent to us in the playtest group, but I'm pretty sure they never made it into an actual publication.

Visionary
CC-9 RC-11 PW-14 LD-14 AC-3 W-2 ST-7 M-3 A-9 S-2 Cost-65
Structure:INDIVIDUAL (Brotherhood)
Equiptment:2 Machine Pistols
Special Abilities:Tac Sense, Immune to Fear, Ferocious Charge, Supernatural Powers 2
Special Rules:
Visionary may select up to two Supernatural Powers, one from either list.
Gunfighter:The Visionary may fire both pistols in Ranged Combat as one action. This has the effect of making a single shot with an x3 multiplier. All other Machine Pistol rules are in effect.
Visions:Before the deployment roll, the enemy must deploy half of his units, then roll for deployment, which alternates as per normal. A Visionary's opponent's Infiltrators lose the ability to set up after all normal models, and may not be deployed more than halfway across the table. If both sides have Visionary's, this effect is voided for both armies.

Angel of Mercy
CC-14 RC-7 PW-12 LD-15 AC-3 W-3 ST-10 M-4 A-10 S-3 Cost-80
Structure:INDIVIDUAL (Horde)
Equipment:Blade of Mercy CC:+0/St(x3)
Special Abilities:Immune to Panic, Immune to Fear, Cause Fear, Supernatural Powers 3, 1 Extra CC Attack, Ferocious Charge.
Special Rules:
May choose Supernatural Powers from the list of the Apostle you have chosen to play.
Dark Visions:Any model charging the Angel of Mercy must roll under their PW or lose all charge bonuses(including the bonus First Strike). Bonuses for Group Attack etc, are still affected.

Profane Gestures:Cast as per a normal Supernatural Power.
Cost-Included
Range-18"
Difficulty-5 for casting/10 for resisting
Actions-1
Save-PW
Effect:If the Angel of Mercy successfully uses this Power, it may target a single enemy model within range and LOS. Opponents who fail to resist are considered activated for the turn. This Power cannot be used in the same Activation as any other Supernatural Powers the Angel of Mercy may cast.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 01:37:12 AM »
thanks!!  copied the stats into my stat sheets.

also, found the uwz book at mutantpedia.

when i finally dl the uwz book, ill def read thru it, but for now, after looking thru the forums, i think i'll just modifiy the CC rules for my 2nd ed. games and drop the strike back feature at least.

youve all been lots of help.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »
yep, you can get my uwz pdf from mutantpedia (http://www.mutantpedia.com/). having all the filez together is probably more tidy. still keep a copy on my personal web site though.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »
yep, you can get my uwz pdf from mutantpedia (http://www.mutantpedia.com/). having all the filez together is probably more tidy. still keep a copy on my personal web site though.

ahoy. finally downloaded the UWZ manual from mutantpedia, three times, but every time i try to open it i get a message that the file is damaged and could not be repaired. Not getting this message with any of the other pdf files, such as the UWZ battlesheets.    Is there another way to get the UWZ manual? Does the one linked in mutantpedia need to be replaced?  thanks.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
It took me a couple of tries but I switched to a better connection and that did the trick.

Other than that-frankly, second edition was crap.  It took a math major to solve most operations, the eviscerated most of the lists.  Drop it like a hot rock.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 01:05:20 PM »
thx

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Jase

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 01:17:16 AM »
Stats wise, the two J's seemed to favour Bauhaus over the other Corporations. Still, 40 Imperial Regulars on parade was a fearsome sight (yes I painted every single one.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."