Author Topic: A Smurfy Challenge  (Read 9215 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
A Smurfy Challenge
« on: January 11, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »
     Our newest member(troy-the-just)has insinuated that my Devout(all praise to the Dark Lord) are so pathetic that he could beat me with smurf's(see "Tournament of Death" thread) :o!!!  So, in the name of the Dark Lord, and my on pride, I have thrown down the gauntlet!!!  Here goes.................................

Listen well oh Lord and I will tell a tale known to very few of the wise.  Over a century ago, the Order of the Burning Star did establish a secret lair deep in the wilderness.  This fortress known only as the "skunk worx" by those of the order, and kept secret from all others, was to be used to carry out alchemical experiments without the knowledge or approval of the Bloodthrone.  One of these experiments would have tradgic results.......SMURF's.
     In a vain , and foolhardy attempt to produce a better goblin slave/soldier.  The Order, combining blue lotus and goblin "volunteers", created a mutated hybrid race.  The first "subject" to emerge from the mutagenic vats was deemed a success, although skin pigmentation left something to be desired.  It( exp. #248g) was highly intelligent, and showed a talent for magic, although it had an unnerving tendency to substitute the word(?) "smurf" for all adjectives.  It was adopted by the Order as a mascot(pet) and trained, to study its potential........ with lamented results. 
     With the "success" of the first experiment, work began on a series of smurf(as they came to be known)  "castes".   Each of these breeds of "smurfs" would be engineered for a specific purpose (hvy labor, warrior, companion, etc.).    Exp. #248g( nicknamed "papa smurf" by the order), assissted in the process and unknown to the order had plans of his own.  Several hundred of these "Smufs" were eventually created and used by the Alchemists as helpers.  Of some concern was the fact that these creations showed a deference and loyalty to Papa Smurf.
     On a dark and stormy night, during a feast in the honor of the emperor, Pappa Smurf carried out his traitorous plan.  The Order was gathered in their great hall reveling when their "slaves" revolted and slew their rightful masters.  Taking everything they could, they fled into the night, lead by their NEW master, Papa Smurf.
     The Smurfs wondered for many days until they came to a secluded wood.  They only resident of the woods was a kindly wizard by the name of gargamel.  Before the wizard knew it, the Smurfs squated on his land and entrenched themselves. 
     At first, Gargamel attempted to peacefully coexist with the squaters, but to no avail.  For many years the Smurfs harrassed the poor wizard and his beloved cat.  finally driven to madness, gargamel made a pact with the Dark Lord, his soul for an end to the blue menace.

PLAYERS--Devout(DogOWar), "Smurfs", using gobln proxies(troy-the-just)

BOARD SETUP--A village surrounded by trees.  The smurfs will defend against the Devouts rightful retribution.

POINTS-- Devout=1000: "Smurfs"=750.  this can be changed of need be.

Comments anyone?  Let me know what you think Troy.

Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: A Smurfy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »
It would be hilarious if you had the actual plastic smurfs to use as proxies for, well, themselves!  Great story!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 08:36:58 PM »
Just use the nasty night goblins from the ultra cheap Warhammer box set.  Paint them blue with white clothes.

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »
as you all will notice, after handing DOG's devout numerous, embarrassing defeat, in even games, he now claims a 25% point advantage, as he could not bare the final insult of being defeated by smurfs.  No doubt, he will point to my grass huts as fortifications, and that his poor gargamel, which will probably have warped loard and necromancer spells, is only 1 man, and his poor cat, (no doubt the equal of a dwarf Totem) makes them only 2.  And, his strategy will be surely to attack from the trees, cast numerous vortexes, in an effort to obliterate my peaceful village, with the cat to suck up those who try to escape.

Sounds just smurfy!

Well, ill polish my smurfy blades, and prepare to doll out smurfy justice.  SMURF IT ON!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:33 AM »
I love it
And **** jealous I havent thought of it myself.
please Post battle report aftewards.

I love the fact that somehow chronopia and warzone have become the gaming vehicle for our 80's cartoons and movies as of late.
ex: heman, smurfs, CORBA, mad max
 :)
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 01:34:37 PM »
I love it
And **** jealous I havent thought of it myself.
please Post battle report aftewards.

I love the fact that somehow chronopia and warzone have become the gaming vehicle for our 80's cartoons and movies as of late.
ex: heman, smurfs, CORBA, mad max
 :)

Amen!!  Or even based on real folks (OHare).

I recently got some of the Shadowforge female marines... Once I dig up some old pictures of the chicks with guns an cammies... they'll become the Amazons- a mercenary unit based on Venus and working for the highest bidder!! ;D ;D

Or I simply use them as female versions of Sea Lions  *shrug*
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »
as you all will notice, after handing DOG's devout numerous, embarrassing defeat, in even games, he now claims a 25% point advantage, as he could not bare the final insult of being defeated by smurfs. No doubt, he will point to my grass huts as fortifications, and that his poor gargamel, which will probably have warped loard and necromancer spells, is only 1 man, and his poor cat, (no doubt the equal of a dwarf Totem) makes them only 2. And, his strategy will be surely to attack from the trees, cast numerous vortexes, in an effort to obliterate my peaceful village, with the cat to suck up those who try to escape.

Sounds just smurfy!

Well, ill polish my smurfy blades, and prepare to doll out smurfy justice. SMURF IT ON!
Troy have you been forgeting to take your pills again?  Remember what the doctor told you, "If you don't take your pills everyday the meglomania will only get worse ". :D

I've got a warm, fuzzy feeling about this scenario. I think we are going to spend most of our time talking smack and laughing our butts off.  We'll have to hammer this out next chance we get.  It'll probably be a few months before we get to it, and I'll be sure to post a battle report on this(please God don't let me loose to smurfs).

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »
ok, i have gone as far to look at smurfs on the internet, too expensive, however, i probably will pick up a gargamel for ya.  there are a couple of antique shops here where i may be able to pick up some cheap smurfs, if i can i will.  Pills?? what the SMURF you talking about.

this feels like the first day spring campaign, so maybe we shoot to play it then, give us time to assemble the forces, and for you to figure our how the smurf your gonna prevail.  i might work on my proposed smurf stats tonight, there will be enough smurfs to go around so canonball and myself can each have a warband, the more the smurfier

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »
ok, i have gone as far to look at smurfs on the internet, too expensive, however, i probably will pick up a gargamel for ya. there are a couple of antique shops here where i may be able to pick up some cheap smurfs, if i can i will. Pills?? what the SMURF you talking about.

this feels like the first day spring campaign, so maybe we shoot to play it then, give us time to assemble the forces, and for you to figure our how the smurf your gonna prevail. i might work on my proposed smurf stats tonight, there will be enough smurfs to go around so canonball and myself can each have a warband, the more the smurfier
Sounds good. I looked up the smurfs to and man talk about $$$$$.  I am thinking of getting a smurfette for you though.  It could be the trophy for whoever wins?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
I have someware between 25 and 35 of 40k Gretchen with guns and pointy hemlets. ;D  Edit I was thinking Warzone but 40 Night Goblins would be perfic paint them blue with red hats. They could have swords, spears, and bows. dont forget Poppa Smurf can cast spells.     
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 03:11:33 PM by Dragon62 »
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »
yes, i was thinking papa could use swamp goblin spells, and playing the smurfs as weaker swampies. gargamel would be an alchemist, using the black bloods.   i think we may need to kick in a couple of assistants for gargamel, in addition to his cat, otherwise he would be overwhelmed.

what ya think dog, 3 smurf warbands, papa and brainy (novice shaman).  ill work up some proposed stats and email them to you

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 06:39:27 AM »
      I thought that Gargamel the Glorious was going to be a Warped Lord?  So, are you not wanting me to use the Devout for this one?  I really don't have a problem using Blackbloods but I'll have to modify the storyline.  Hopefully that new lot I got off ebay shows up by the end of the week, so I'll have a book to look at. 
      Swamp goblin stat for the Smurfs works for me, we might have to monkey around with the special abilities and the points allittle to make it even.  Do we want an "open field" battle or do you wnat to defend?