Author Topic: Hi Guys!  (Read 11652 times)

Offline Glenn M

Hi Guys!
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
So, I've been out for a long while, any care to summarize what happened since Prince August (last thing I really heard about)

Later,
Glenn

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Hi Guys!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:07:17 AM »
So, I've been out for a long while, any care to summarize what happened since Prince August (last thing I really heard about)

Later,
Glenn

Cyclops Forge is coming out with models very similar to UWZ and Chronopia stuff...  but thats the idea.

One Day Events are occuring out on the East Coast with regularity now...

Dave McGee has broken down and started a First Born army.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
Yeah I saw those, is Thom selling the unreleased models to them?

Really, East Coast huh, no where near where I live though, and I ain't driving to Philly for a game, sorry.  PA is a big state, and Erie is on the exact opposite corner.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 08:45:10 AM »
Yeah I saw those, is Thom selling the unreleased models to them?

not to my knowledge...  I believe the guy is sculpting them himself.  Good stuff so far.  I like em... and might be expanding my Cyber troops soon. :)  I owuld not be surprised if Thom were to contract out to the gent to at least get them into circulation.

But thats an opinion- I've no idea what Thom is going to do.

Really, East Coast huh, no where near where I live though, and I ain't driving to Philly for a game, sorry.  PA is a big state, and Erie is on the exact opposite corner.

Yeah... that is a bit of a haul.  There is an attempt to do something up here in Reading- either at where I live or in a hotel conference room for a minimal fee (ie- cover the cost of the room.)

We do it at a hotel, make it a weekend. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:47:26 AM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »
Hmm, where is Reading exactly, due to family obligations it is rather hard to travel very much.

I may wind up getting some of those guys, they are really quite nice, really don't need them, but I like them.  I also need some Firstborn.  Man, I need my taxes back NOW.

I do hope Thom sells the unreleased stuff to him as then we could get the Tunnel Fighters and such.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »
Hmm, where is Reading exactly, due to family obligations it is rather hard to travel very much.

Reading Pa is aobut an hour east of harrisburg.  Call it a 6 hour ride for you.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Dreadaxe

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »
I do hope Thom sells the unreleased stuff to him as then we could get the Tunnel Fighters and such.

I don't think so. Cyclope is not a big entreprise (not lot of money) and is italian (language barrier). Further I don't think Thom have knowledge of Cyclope

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »
Language barriers have never held this group back before, money may though.
Anyways, I am sure Thom either does or will know of them pretty soon.

Glenn

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

yes it is, but Cleveland is only an hour and a half away, when the snow isn't flying around too much...

coincidentally, that's where myself and the boys around here are, so theres an option...we aren't as cohesive a unit as the guys in the Philly area, but we are always eager to throw dice...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 09:34:37 PM »
Actually I would do Cleveland, but then I would have to learn how to play again, it has been a long time, and my other games have taken over my mind.  If you guys set a date and stuff up, and give me at least a month notice, I should be able to do something.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »
well, in the next few weeks the gang here in Cleveland and I are going to be doing some serious playtesting for the scenarios I am running at Origins this year, and the other guy here in the group will probably want to do some playtesting of his scenarios as well...

usually we play every Saturday night, but that has been put temporarily on hiatus as one of the guys in the group is out of contact until the beginning of Feb...that and we were just taking a break to recover from the holidays...

B...

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »
I'll see about coming over maybe around Spring Break, earlier if I can figure out to do with the Wife and Kids, Zoo would be good, but it isn't open yet right?
We'll have to take this to PM and maybe work something out, I might make it a weekend with Chronopia and the Family.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »
the zoo here in Cleveland is open year round...it's an endless source of amusement for me and my family some days in the wintertime...

B...
okay...now we're off topic...

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 07:05:44 AM »
Really sweet.
So we play Chronopia, families go to Zoo.  Ha ha.

Wedge

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 09:10:47 AM »
Welcome back to the fold Glenn!