Author Topic: Taste of Chronopia  (Read 5746 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Taste of Chronopia
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:11:31 PM »
Well folks, I got my first taste of Chronopia tonite. Thx Josh for the teaching game. Very interesting game. I like the balance.
It was Josh's Helio's Elves Vs my Blackbloods. I must point out that Crimson Blades dont like fire! and Archers dont like things that can shoot back.

All in all I had a blast and plan on playing again tho Im still a major Warzone junkie.

Thx for the fun and games Josh. Next time Ill remember to ask to see your army list  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: Taste of Chronopia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:20:49 PM »
Hello.

Just wait till he breaks out the desert furballs on you. They make the fiery dance queens look nice in comparison.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 08:29:29 PM »
Well I chose the Blackbloods as my first army to play because they seemed simple enough to use to get a feel for the game. After a couple more games Ill try another army like Devout. Hopefully Ill get a game in with you Bill.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:04:44 PM »
Hello.

Hi Bryon, the Blackbloods are one of the stronger forces. The Orc Assault Warriors are one of the best troop types, add in ogres and trolls and you have one damn good army. Plus you get great units like the alchemist and crimson blades. O-yea did I mention Ripper Beasts? :P

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
     I played the Blackboods exclusively in 1st edition, but have aquired a whole new force and am looking forward to playing them.  At the moment I'm a devoted ;) to my new master. As it says in the Srolls of the Dead  : "Those who do not bend their knee to the Dark Lord shall be chum for the carnalpits".    I originaly got the Devout to be used by all the 4-State Militia, but since then I've taken a liking to them and it is now my "army of the moment".
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »
Dig.  They were my army of the moment for a time too.  Every player should get a chance to play every army, just for style of play.  Not many other wargames have this variety.

Bryon--Tuesday night fights are on!!  We'll bring in others too on some occasions or weekends.  I've room for two tables, but one will be smaller in the kitchen.  Looking forward to lots of dice and pewter in 2007.  Thanks again for the ride to the bar.  Next time, I'll see if you can pull in front so I can step out of the limo and try to look cool.  No comments from the peanut gallery.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 12:03:47 PM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:13:45 AM »
Dig.  They were my army of the moment for a time too.  Every player should get a chance to play every army, just for style of play.  Not many other wargames have this variety.

Bryon--Tuesday night fights are on!! We'll bring in others too on some occasions or weekends. I've room for two tables, but one will be smaller in the kitchen. Looking forward to lots of dice and pewter in 2007. Thanks again for the ride to the bar. Next time, I'll see if you can pull in front so I can step out of the limo and try to look cool. No comments from the peanut gallery.

Cheers.

I agree with you on everyone getting a chance to play a little of everything.  I've been collecting so many different armies, 5 at the moment, for everyone to use and maybe lure some more players into the fold.  Somebody has to do it.  Besides. variety is the spice of life.  
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143