Author Topic: Factory Battle Scenario  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Factory Battle Scenario
« on: January 02, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
This is a scenario created for Cyberboard by Wedge (I think).

The scenario uses this map. Obviously the map would have to be adapted to the terrain you have available.

FACTORY MAP RULES
Scenario:
On the outskirts of Luna City and clandestine Cultist operation had been underway for many months directly beneath the collective nose of the Brotherhood.  If not for some effective “cleansing” the whereabouts of the factory and its operation might never have been discovered.  Brotherhood agents sent to investigate discovered that the cultists were helping their dark masters create a stronger breed of undead with an improved embalming fluid.  The agents returned and to headquarters and an assault was planned immediately.  Unbeknownst to the Brotherhood another major corporation had been unwittingly providing supplies and funding to the cultists in exchange for trade in other areas of business.  This other corporation (insert corp. name here), unaware of the true identity of their trade partners at first eventually caught on to their scheming, and have since dispatched a small force to destroy the factory.

Victory points for Objectives:
1.   There are three objectives on this map.  The main objective is worth 3 VP’s, and the other two objectives are worth 1 VP each.  Main Objective:  A briefcase containing an extraordinary embalming fluid prototype would allow the Dark Legion to create even stronger and more powerful necromutants and Legionnaires.  A model must come within base contact of the briefcase and spend an action to pick it up.  You must have possession of the briefcase at the end of the game to gain all three VP’s.  If the briefcase is dropped intentionally or otherwise anywhere in your deployment zone then you receive 1.5 VP’s if no enemy model is within 12”. (This objective is located in the center room of the platform in the middle, on the table)
2.   Secondary objective: a trade manifest was misplaced in a box somewhere in the main warehouse area.  Once a model comes within base contact of this box, it must spend 3 full actions searing the box to find the manifest.  You must have possession of the manifest at the end of the game to gain 1 VP.  If the manifest is dropped intentionally, or otherwise, anywhere in your deployment zone then you receive 0.5 VP’s if no enemy model is within 12”. (box marked in yellow)
3.   Secondary objective:  the steam valve is the key to the safety or destruction of the factory.  If the steam valve is opened completely the factory will eventually be destroyed.  Conversely if the valve is closed the factory can be saved.  The Brotherhood or Dark Legion player will most likely want to save the factory for his or her own reasons.  But the implicated corporation player will definitely want to destroy the factory to hide any evidence of their involvement with the cultists.  Once a model is in base contact with the steam valve, it must spend three full actions to either close the valve or open it fully and destroy it (so that cannot be closed again).  Once the valve is completely closed or completely opened it cannot be changed from that position and the player who completed the task will gain 1 VP. (The valve is marked with red)

Turn Limit: 8 Turns

Special rules for this map:
1.   No model may start on the upper level or the stairs.
2.   Unseen Assailants, Stalkers, and Infiltrators (Infiltrators can claim if they deploy inside the normal deployment zones) cannot claim ANY game objective.

Terrain Rules for the Factory Map
     1.  Boxes:
   Size of Model      Orange         Brown
      1      Out of LOS      Out of LOS
      2      50% Cover      Out of LOS
      3      No Cover      50% Cover
      4      No Cover      50% Cover
      5+      No Cover      No Cover
     The boxes can be climbed upon using the standard climb rules.  For example: Orange
     boxes would be considered difficult terrain for a size 2 model and Brown boxes could
     be climbed with a full action and one climb roll.
2.   Forklifts block all LOS traced through them (even the bladed part to keep it simple) for any model size 3 or smaller.  Size 4 and 5 models get 50% cover, while size 6+ receive no cover from a forklift.
3.   Pipes block LOS completely for any model of any size.  These pipes run from the floor to the ceiling.
4.   Steam coming from the pipes is represented by the white circles on the map.  LOS cannot be traced through the steam.  Models standing within the radius of the steam can be targeted at a –4 to the shooters RC score, likewise models within the steam attempting to shoot out also suffer a –4 RC score.
5.   Windows are solid glass and can be opened (1 action) or destroyed by weapon fire.  All windows must be struck to break them.  Consider them +4 to hit for CC and RC and an armor of 5, with 2 wounds.  However, any automatic weapon fire (1 full action of it) that hits a window will automatically break it, no roll is necessary.  Climbing through an open or broken window takes 1 one action once in base contact with the window.
6.   Automatic doors open without having to spend an action.  They will remain open if a model stays in the doorway; otherwise, they will close at the end of that model’s (or unit’s) activation.
7.   Interior rooms can only accommodate size 3 or smaller models.  Models larger than size 3 are too tall to gain access to the rooms or through the doorways.
8.   Office furniture tables and chairs provide 50% cover to models size 2 or smaller only.  File cabinets and bookshelves that line the walls block LOS to size 2 or smaller models and provide 50% cover to size 3 models.  None of the furniture can be moved or destroyed.
9.   Computer terminals (2) provide 50% cover to size 2 or smaller models.
10.   Computer equipment provides 50% cover to size 3 or 4 models and block LOS to size 2 or smaller models (ignore the wires on the floor, they are simply there for aesthetics).
11.   Green and blue vats provide cover in the exact same way as the forklift.
12.   Stairs are easily traverse and any model moving up or down them suffer no movement penalties.
13.   The upper level is the dark gray area of the map.  It is raised 4” above ground level.  Any model firing from this level or firing to this level must add 4” when calculating the range of their weapon fire.

Wedge

Re: Factory Battle Scenario
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »
Yes, I created the map and scenario.  It's a really fun one!  I've played it at least a half dozen times with different armies.  I know it's well balanced too since I've won as many as I've lost to all good opponents.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Factory Battle Scenario
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
Wedge and I are 1-1 on this scenario. I won with Muawijhe against Ilian and on our last battle Wedge kicked the ass of my Mishimans with a Semai force.

I've also lost against Ruther in a Cartel vs Imperial battle on this map.