Author Topic: January 13th--Between Books  (Read 28296 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: January 13th--Between Books
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »
Warning - Smack Talk Alert
Archer sat across from MasherKing. It was a warm spring day as they faced each other in another of their endless battles. Archer reached for the dice when from the west came a thunderous roar of hooves. Suddenly they appeared - The Horsemen of the Midwest.

Mounted on coal black steeds they came. Fire sparked from the gorund with each hoof strike. From the cold lakeshore of Cleveland came The Ohio Gang - Stalker, Sylvas, and The One King. From the windswept plains between the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers came the Boys From Illinois - Southpaw, Coldthunder and Topkick.

As Archer and MasherKing watched the Horsemen draw near their hearts grew cold, their mouths grew dry and they knew fear.

NOT!!!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »
The sniper doth protest too much, methinks.
- with apologies to William Shakespeare 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 09:51:42 PM »
The sniper doth protest too much, methinks.
- with apologies to William Shakespeare 

Im have nothing to fear from the midwest crew.. as long as the boards we play on arent farms that is  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
Archer sat across from MasherKing. It was a warm spring day as they faced each other in another of their endless battles. Archer reached for the dice when from the west came a thunderous roar of hooves. Suddenly they appeared - The Horsemen of the Midwest.

Mounted on coal black steeds they came. Fire sparked from the gorund with each hoof strike. From the cold lakeshore of Cleveland came The Ohio Gang - Stalker, Sylvas, and The One King. From the windswept plains between the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers came the Boys From Illinois - Southpaw, Coldthunder and Topkick.

As Archer and MasherKing watched the Horsemen draw near their hearts grew cold, their mouths grew dry and they knew fear.

See this is what happens when I dont check a thread in a few a days.
crazy talk and loads of it  :P

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »

See this is what happens when I dont check a thread in a few a days.
crazy talk and loads of it  :P

Tell me about it.

I fear no opponent.  None...  I do however entertain concerns over a few though- McGee being one of those...  Everyone else, no fear or concern- I know I can whip them in 3 to 5 turns of UWZ.  :o ;D :o

Chronopia is another matter...   ;D :D ;D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 11:08:40 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that my warhorse is a donkey, and those giants are windmills? 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2007, 11:21:34 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that my warhorse is a donkey, and those giants are windmills? 

Whats the Matter, Don Slater?  Is this looking to be a bit large for you?  Or is it the smack talk?

Told you Chrono is not my main game... and my wins tend to be lucky. :)  You sir kicked my booty all over the table.  And I expect it to happen again... but I will at least give you a fight. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »
It's the nicotine patch smack talkin' my own ass.  Day 10.  Grrr.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

Ah...  I understand Don Slater.  'Tis no minor thing, breaking the chokehold nicotine can have upon a man...  But you will survive...

At least long enough for me to figure out how to whip your dwarves. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »
Is Thom going to be there? I tried to give him a ring, but I think I have an old number.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
Thom'll be there.  Dalton will be there too.

I'm throwin' down with Helios Elves this time 'round.  'Methinks they may kicketh some bu-ttocks. 

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »

Ah...  I understand Don Slater.  'Tis no minor thing, breaking the chokehold nicotine can have upon a man...  But you will survive...

At least long enough for me to figure out how to whip your dwarves. :)

black sisters and loads of them. One of the hardest armies I faced was army of blacksisters. everybattle was a coin toss. came down to who got go first on the last turn of the game would win in just about every game we played.

poor blacksister army player felt guilty playing them cause they were so good at dwarf killing  :P

and also Thoms Twice damned stgyian army......damn flying unit with ranged attack!!
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
  I fear no opponent.  None...  I do however entertain concerns over a few though- McGee being one of those...

Okay - either I need a new pair of chest waders, or I need to bow in deference to the man who whooped my sorry posterior in the first tourney I played.  If any are looking to find a person on whom to place the blame for my madness, look no further than John "Archer" Tinney, inspirer of the Vulkan Army of Doom!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007, 01:36:23 PM »
  I fear no opponent.  None...  I do however entertain concerns over a few though- McGee being one of those...

Okay - either I need a new pair of chest waders, or I need to bow in deference to the man who whooped my sorry posterior in the first tourney I played.  If any are looking to find a person on whom to place the blame for my madness, look no further than John "Archer" Tinney, inspirer of the Vulkan Army of Doom!

Oh please... you flatter me..  That was your first tourney and you were up against an experienced opponent (you wanna blame anyone, blame Refsland and Williamson)... and your only loss that event, wasn't it?

Since then, You have beaten or handed me my butt in almost every game since then.  Not my fault we've only drawn draw each other in Tourney twice...  Maybe if there is one where you and I are not running things, we'll get a chance again.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

black sisters and loads of them. One of the hardest armies I faced was army of blacksisters. everybattle was a coin toss. came down to who got go first on the last turn of the game would win in just about every game we played.

poor blacksister army player felt guilty playing them cause they were so good at dwarf killing

Hmmm... means Les's Ladies will be effective once they hit the field.  She has five units of Black Sisters...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."