Author Topic: The horror that was Eragon the Movie  (Read 11081 times)

Offline Jase

Re: The horror that was Eragon the Movie
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 07:54:28 PM »
I still don't see why a dragon would need armour, unless there was an explanation in the book?
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 05:34:32 AM »
In the book their skin is tough but not that tough.  The armor was probably the most realistic thing about the movie.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jase

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
Ok thanks Veez.

I started to read the book, but I just couldn't finish it.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 04:56:38 AM »
That's a shame-it was actually a decent book.  Don't let the evil move poison you from it.  Bear in mind the author was in his teens when he wrote it but for his first time out it reads better than the Wizard's First Rule book.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jase

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 12:14:57 AM »
Oh I no doubt will try to read it again. Or at least make an attempt to...

Jase

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
it's hard to say if Irons sucked in D&D because the movie was bad, or if he was just blowing it off for a paycheck...the writing in that abomination was bad, the acting was bad, the characters were bad (what was up with the Dwarf?)...

I don't think that it was all Irons, because he did a good job with a limited role in Kingdom of Heaven...

B...

True, but Ridley Scott could get a good performance out of anyone. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba