Author Topic: New Game Systems?  (Read 13902 times)

Offline Morfdoggs

New Game Systems?
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:33:48 AM »
 Hey all I was just wondering with X-mas coming up, did anyone treat themselves or a family member to a new super powered PS3 or the low tech and hilghly innovative Nintendo Wii? Or does anyone around here prefer the 360 to these new game platforms?
 I got my Wii on Nov. 19 and if anyone knows that was the day it was released, I waited in line for only 18 hours. I absolutely
love it. Call me a Nintendo fanboy though, I have stuck around through the crap called the 64 and the OK gamecube. But this new system totally kicks much a$$ and especially LOVE the new Zelda game. OMG Link turns into a wolf how can you go wrong there.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: New Game Systems?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 11:42:41 AM »
Hello.

The PS3 is a piece of crap with to high a price tag, the 360 may be a far future project. I do intend on getting the Wii as soon as my gutted finances allow. Though I would get it just to play all the old games I grew up on FIRST Zelda anyone ;D.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:44:33 PM »
My Wife has the 360 for our Son for Christmas.He likes his X-Box and the Star Wars games as well as Halo 1,2.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 02:34:02 PM »
Heresy!  The PS3 is your new god!  Bow down to it!  Sacrifice goats for its magnificense!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 02:37:02 PM »
Hello.
Yah, I will be watching the long line of goobers who return that thing because it is a two bit piece of crap. People haven;t had that thing a month yet and it is being recalled. I will sacrifice my wallet to the Wii at a later date and time.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 04:29:29 PM »
The 360 rocks on toast.  Gears of War is friggin fantastic, and the 3 Tom Clancy games on it are all stellar.

I've heard bad things of the PS3, and have some friends with the Wii who say it's very cool.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
I still have no desire for console gaming.  All the video gaming that I do, I do on the PC.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »
yeah, but these games are made to play with a controler -> sit on the floor or sofa.

thats the biggest difference to pc games (mouse).

if I just had the money, I might have a console, but so I use my ever useful computer..

"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 06:10:18 AM »
yeah, but these games are made to play with a controler -> sit on the floor or sofa.
Man you are missing out on the Wii, they is no sitting on the couch it is all up on your feet for the most part. Like Red Steel you point and shoot as if you were hold a real gun. In Zelda the fishing is AWESOME. I know it sounds lame and all but when you have to actually throw out your line and then real in with the Nuncuk as if your were holding a real fishing rod. I might get the 360 as well in a few months. I mean for how cool the Wii is, the graphics on the 360 are freakin amazing.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:16:30 AM »
Forget the computers.  They're only going to turn on us anyway.  Y'all saw The Terminator, right?  Now tear yourself away from that nonsense and finish painting your models. 

"You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!!"
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »
Power to the PC!

Errr...well, I guess that is kinda assumed...

But, back to my main point...PC games rock.   Medieval Total War 2, Half Life 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 and the other fine games destined to find their way to my PC soon... And they all end in 2!    Muahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahaha.

OK, returning you to your regularly scheduled madness...
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 07:02:21 AM »
I need a new PC to play Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, which rocks on toast.

Other then that, I find my Xbox takes care of me. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 07:38:28 AM »
I need a new PC to play Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, which rocks on toast.

Other then that, I find my Xbox takes care of me. :)

Heh.

I wish I had time to play on my computer and playstation.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 10:58:25 AM »
I'm a die hard PC gamer "No mouse, it ain't in my house!"

My biggest frustration is what seems to be the increasing trend of designing games principally for the console and then porting them to the PC as a terrible afterthought, which results in controls designed for a controller which translate poorly to a keyboard.  Or worse yet, franchises that got thier start on the PC abandoning that fanbase to go exclusively to consoles i.e. Call of Duty 3.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »
I like game consoles mostly for the multiplayer stuff.  Since I don't have X-box live, I tend to hook up me and 3 freinds to the Box for a game of Star Wars Battles, or Ghost Recon.

Now, if the Mechwarrior or X-com series were to continue, I'd be tempted to get a new PC for gamin' :)