Author Topic: Anybody Interested In...  (Read 14347 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Anybody Interested In...
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:47 AM »
A Global Campaign.

Someone sets up a large scenario.  Players register electroncially with their army, motiviations, etc based on the scenario then the results are tabulated and effect the overall outcome.  Similar to what Games Workshop the great satan has done only without the results being pre-decided.  The would be a small element of role-play in the sense that you would represent the commander and his motivations.  Each army would be assigned a battle and have hidden orders regarding their goals.

I am willing to put this together if anyone is interested.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: Anybody Interested In...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:02:05 AM »
well, of course!

fluffwise we aleady play a small campain..

how many points do you think about? I would think that 1000 or better 1200 are best.
we all have large armys, and 500 is really few.. I want to bring out some troops! why do I have so many?

so, chreate the stage, the players are willing, able and ready!
(and if not, I will make them! >:( 8))

cu“s
"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
I'm up for it =)

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »
I was thinking about something like this myself...  I'll try and pull my notes together and see what I come up with.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »
Uhhh YEAH !!!!! Count me in. Theres nothing like a little long distance cyber butt-kicking!!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 12:53:50 PM »
I wonder how this would go down.
Are you planning on doing the samething that GW does for its summer campaigns
tally up wins and losses.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »
Tallying yes but I unlike them where they are dealing with (so they say) hundreds of players, I figure only a dozen or so for the purpose of the campaign.  They would also need to be geographically co-located, or have a partner of their own to use (leaning heavily on the Maplewood crowd for this).

My overarching goal is to create a history of our own.  Nothing that shakes the foundations of the MC/Warzone universe, but affects a particular corner of one of the globes (I am thinking a sector on Venus with minor ties to the rest of the solar system).  I want there to be ramifications for wins and losses, but nothing unbalancing.  More like telling a story with the games as the plot twists.  I would like to include the things that have already been mentioned here; a noted terrorist group, some of the "personal feuds" that have been posted, and perhaps a certain training officer who is getting too big for his britches. 

If you are interested, PM me with the following:

Your army (We'll decide on points costs later)
Your general and his outlook/goals
Players you are co-located with who are interested.

I'll cover my part and try to solidify the setting and plot.  Don't be surpised if it is stolen from somewhere (Billy, I am your father), by I'll try to make it original.

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:02:39 PM »
Alternative idea - Set it up like the Tyranid Assault Campaign they did about 15 yrs ago. Divide the world into Warzones and let each sector report the outcomes. Any sector with more Corp than DL victorys is a win for humanity. Any sectors with more DL wins is the Forbidden Zone.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »
I'll check with the crew up here in NE Ohio and see if they would be interested, but I don't think that would be a problem...

B...
what would motivate an army for intra-system domination... ???
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:39 PM »
Alternative idea - Set it up like the Tyranid Assault Campaign they did about 15 yrs ago. Divide the world into Warzones and let each sector report the outcomes. Any sector with more Corp than DL victorys is a win for humanity. Any sectors with more DL wins is the Forbidden Zone.

I played in that campaign...the only problem with that campaign set up was the pre-determined factor that the, as Veez said GREAT SATAN, used as a basis for getting rid of the best army that they had ever come up with, the Squats...

but other than that, it was a well set up campaign, but some of the ones that I have played in since then, like the last one that they had this summer (Medusa), have been quite atrocious...

B...
gotta love those long words I use...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:11 PM »
However you run it - I'll play and I will talk to the rest of the Boys From Illinois about it this weekend
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 04:34:34 PM »
I am unfamiliar with this other system of which you refer.  I am willing to give this a go as I have often wanted to get a story line going with my own little group but have faced too many obsticles.  Let me know the specifics of what to do and I'll contribute.  I have multiple armies available: all corps (except for Mishima - Sylvas has most of what I used to own for them), multiple DL, BHoodies, and even two of the dark eden forces, so if you are lacking in any area and need someone represented, let me know.  I enjoy playing all aspects of this game!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »
...used as a basis for getting rid of the best army that they had ever come up with, the Squats...

that may be not entirely true  ;D

"Don“t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:02:08 PM »
Pfft - a global campaign?  C'mon, seriously, who'd be interested in that?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »
Oh yeah - that was sarcasm.  CREATE IT - WE WILL PLAY!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!