Author Topic: Dwarf army idea  (Read 3161 times)

Maiss

  • Guest
Dwarf army idea
« on: December 04, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »
Ever since I found my old miniatures, which happened about 2 weeks ago, I wanted to put together a 1,000 - 1,500 pt. Dwarf force. However, the primary goal for this army was to build it from units that had the potential to move faster than 4 inches a turn. (a real trick when it comes to dwarves) Essentially, I wanted to create a sort of Dwarven Ranger group > fast paced, and hard-hitting. Here's what I came up with:

1,000 pts.
8 wolf legion swordsmen + leader
4 axe-horn warriors + leader
4 warshields + leader + musician
1 dark tusk blood totem + keeper
1 dark tusk hero

(this army ends up being a total of 1,036 pts but I'm willing to drop the musician if there's ever an issue)

1,500 pts.
8 wolf legion swordsmen + leader
6 axe-horn warriors + leader
6 warshields + leader + musician
1 dark tusk blood totem + keeper
1 dark tusk hero
1 dark tusk rider

(I don't know how many pts this army adds up to yet as I have lost the stats for the Dark Tusk Rider. I can't imagine it will break 1,500.)

Let me know what you all think. I'd appreciate it. Please be as critical as you like.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:32:28 PM by Maiss »

Offline joshuaslater

  • Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 3679
  • Karma: +115/-4
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Dwarf army idea
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
If you're playing the 1st edition of the game, these sound great.  In second edition, and from the 2nd edition errata, you have to have 60% of your force from one clan.  The other 40% could be from other clans. 

If you want super fast Dwarves--look no further than the Desert Wolf Warriors.  Fast and hard hitting, with low armor.  They kick butt.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Maiss

  • Guest
Re: Dwarf army idea
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
Yeah I'm not real familiar with 2nd edition material yet. My buddies and I played "way back when" and I'm assuming we'd play 1st ed. style. However, if we were to play by 2nd ed. standards, I wouldn't have a problem with making the totem horned ones, and trading the dark tusk hero for a horn-skull champion. This way I don't think I'll have to trade the dark tusk raider for a horned raider (I don't like it's damage).

As for desert wolf warriors, I have no stats for them. I have seen their models and after reading what you wrote about them, I Like.

If you wouldn't mind giving me their stats, that would be sweet.

Thanks.

Offline joshuaslater

  • Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 3679
  • Karma: +115/-4
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Dwarf army idea
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:15:01 AM »
Give me a day to pull them out and post.  I'm at the office.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

  • Member Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 1156
  • Karma: +35/-0
Re: Dwarf army idea
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »
Desert Wolf Warrior Stats:

1st edition- CC   MW   PW   LD   AC   W   ST   MW   A    DEF   S   COST

                 12    10      0    12    3     1     0     3     17     0    1        28
SA- Hide SA, but only in Desert Climate effects. EQUIPMENT-Lupus Axe. STRUCTURE-4 to 8

2nd edition-12     8       -     14    2     2     5     4     16    -2    2        45

SA-Hide Sa, but only in Desert Climate Effects; Desert Warrior; Group Attack.  EQUIPMENT-Lupus Axe. STRUCTURE-4 to 8. 

ENJOY the Wolves.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143