Author Topic: FAQ Team Secretary  (Read 14066 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
FAQ Team Secretary
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »
The FAQ team has added a new member dmcgee (that's what complaining will get you ;)).

He will function as the FAQ team secretary and he has already come up with a bunch of new ideas to improve the FAQ document and the way we work.

So what will this mean?
A cleaner more well organised FAQ and answers within a reasonable time.

How do I ask questions?
Same way as always. Post your question in the Game Question or UWZ FAQ area. Some questions can be answered by just about anyone with a good knowledge of the rules. The FAQ team members will of course do this when they see a question and have the time. Some questions require some more discussion and they will be handled by the team.

When will I get an answer?

As soon as possible. We will see how fast we can be and of course it also depends on the total number of questions. A goal could be within a week or so.

dmcgee will create and update a list of questions that we currently have under deliberation and their status. This list will be posted in the FAQ section.

What about old unanswered questions?
We will get to those. dmcgee will scan the forums for older issues and add those to our list. Give him some time to get that list updated.

Who are the members of the FAQ Team?
In no particular order Alpha, Wedge, Stalker, PFC Joe, dmcgee and Coil.

So let's all give a warm welcome to our new secretary, dmcgee.

/Andreas

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: FAQ Team Secretary
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:06:53 AM »
I think he will make a great addition to the FAQ team. As long as he doesnt get to answer any questions concerning Vulcans well all be ok  ;D
Im looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Keep up the good work guys because if I ever win the lottery were back in business!!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:25:58 AM »
I think he will make a great addition to the FAQ team. As long as he doesnt get to answer any questions concerning Vulcans well all be ok ;D
Im looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Keep up the good work guys because if I ever win the lottery were back in business!!!!!

Spoken like a true friend.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:32:21 AM »
I agree. Dave will make a good addition. ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:41:53 AM »
I would also like to welcome dmcgee into the fold.  I just wanted him to be aware of his other duties as secretary that Coil forgot to mention.

1.  As we are all manly men, we do not take coffee in the morning.  However, you must ensure that the office keg is never empty.  Feel free to vary the beverage of the week as you see fit (ale, lager, etc.).  Surprise us!

2.  As each FAQ team member holds equal say over the FAQ rulings, you must devote an equal amount of time to brown-nosing each of us.  Coil is particularly responsive to this--he's Swedish.

3.  Once a month we hold an office party with all of our girlfriends (our wives are not invited).  Once you come into good standing with the team you may be invited--the increased chance of this occurrence is directly proportional to increased indulgence of rule #1 & #2.

;D

Seriously though... welcome to the team, and I know I speak for all of us when I say, "Thanks for the renewed interest and rekindling the fire under our kiesters!"

FAQ TEAM POWERS--ACTIVATE!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:04:27 PM »

3.  Once a month we hold an office party with all of our girlfriends (our wives are not invited).  Once you come into good standing with the team you may be invited--the increased chance of this occurrence is directly proportional to increased indulgence of rule #1 & #2.

;D

Im Telling MARE!!! Especially since me and Jeff arent invited!!!

FAQ TEAM POWERS--ACTIVATE!

Oy Vey!!!  ;D Another bad cartoon reference. Its no WONDER there wasnt a TWIN of that one.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:05:39 PM »
Spoken like a true friend.

Nah a true friend says much much worse, but I saved that for the phone!!!!!  ;)

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »
Hey dave, don't forget us little people now that your big. :)

... And I remember him back when...

;D

Congrats, dude!
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:33:39 PM »
now you have the power dave
 with  the back drop of castle greyskull
and severed head of lesser gamers in one hand  a beer...uh..jack & coke in the other.
     .....que Queen song.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:07:35 PM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 01:11:14 PM »
;D

Apparently, poking seemingly dead things with a stick gets you more than you bargained for, hence, I am now a (minor) part of the FAQ Team.

As such, if I seem to falter in my duties, feel free to use this stick to gently prod me into action:
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
I would also like to welcome dmcgee into the fold.  I just wanted him to be aware of his other duties as secretary that Coil forgot to mention.

1.  As we are all manly men, we do not take coffee in the morning.  However, you must ensure that the office keg is never empty.  Feel free to vary the beverage of the week as you see fit (ale, lager, etc.).  Surprise us!

2.  As each FAQ team member holds equal say over the FAQ rulings, you must devote an equal amount of time to brown-nosing each of us.  Coil is particularly responsive to this--he's Swedish.

;D

Seriously though... welcome to the team, and I know I speak for all of us when I say, "Thanks for the renewed interest and rekindling the fire under our kiesters!"

1.  I can do that, as long as you, all, can handle Jack Daniels
2.  So Coil's sweet-spot is his . . . ewww!
3.  Wow, I had no idea that being a part of the FAQ Team would require the hiring of a divorce lawyer.

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave!  I'm sure that your enthusiasm will keep all of us focused and ensure timely responses.  Not to mention that you also bring with you the perspective of the Philly/NJ groups.  That is one region that has not yet been represented in the FAQ until now.

On another note, what happened to Seamus?  Is he not able to continue with the FAQ team?   :(
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 02:23:40 PM »
Seamus is a member emeritus of the team. His place is still open though if he wants to return from retirement.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
Ah gee do we gotta?.....Okay Coil - if you say so......I'm sorry Dave..... ;)

Seriously - Glad to see the addition. Congratulations sir and make us proud.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 04:37:32 PM »
Kind (and sarcastic) words from all - thank you.  I do feel, truly, liked.  That is, genuinely, an awesome feeling.  You guys rock.

I will do my utmost to make you proud, but I can only promise that I will do what I feel is in the best interests of the game and the community.

My first action will be to start trolling the boards, looking for questions that have no resolution.  Feel free to join me in this quest, and/or post your own questions in the Warzone and/or Chronopia FAQ areas.  The FAQ Team is up and running again, and needs our help culling through the mire to get us playing the correct way.

Play on!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 05:06:58 PM by dmcgee1 »