Author Topic: Autumn Harvest  (Read 10128 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Autumn Harvest
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »
In an office at the edge of a Venusian City, man sits behind a worn desk, talking on the phone...
“So you have the Capitol individual I am looking for, excellent.  I will send you the like minded gentlemen you have been seeking.  Ah so you have the assistant I need as well.  Very good.  A pleasure as always ‘Dragon’.”  Maj Anderson put down the phone when he noticed a certain light come on.  He smiled a wicked smiled and flipped a hidden switch under his desk.  Capt Anderson’s voice came across the intercom fuzzy and crackling. 
“Yes Mr. Johnson.  I’m not sure where he is getting the manpower but somehow he keeps doing it.  No, the Mishima and the Cybertronic contracts are far behind schedule yet someone is being trained at the facility up north.  He has been gathering information about that new malcontent organization, the ones named after snakes.  What?  Never speak of them again?  Uh, as you wish sir.  That unit that disappeared last month?  No, sir, no one has heard of them since they departed.  Yes I know they are just mercenaries but I’m worried about a lawsuit.  Yes sir, I will continue to monitor him and report back to you.  Yes sir, I won’t interfere so long as we continue to profit.  No I hadn’t heard about Lord Sylvas taking the Ronin Light Battlewalker warranty incident to the litigators but I can’t see how that impacts us here.  Yes I understand the need to make money sir.  Yes sir. I will.”
Major Anderson steepled his fingers as the connection was closed.  “So Capt Nelson serves two masters.”  Suddenly he felt a dark presence behind him and he immediately debased himself.
“You gain in wisdom my child.” Said the voice that cut through to his very soul.  “And you have succeeded in raising quite the legion.”
“I-I hope my master is pleased!”
“Yessss, you finally begin to earn some of the trust I placed in you.  The raw material begins to flow.  Those that are strong enough to survive the distortion chambers are making excellent Necromutants and Centurions.”
“And-and those who do not, my lord?”
“There is alwaysss room in the charnel pits, Major.”
A though occurred to the Major, “I have a couple of squads headed up for conversion even as we speak, master.  I beleive they will have two more candidates along with them.”
“I thought you would Major.  Let the Autumn Harvest gatherrrrr.”  The presence faded away.
“Gather it shall, master, gather it shall.”

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: Autumn Harvest
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:09:51 PM »
Hello.

Man, I barely can get a single 6 fig squad of starved done. Looks great veez.

wmeredith(9390william)
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:45:53 PM »
Are you using the Growler Bull for a Golem of Darkness?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:26:31 AM »
Looks great Veez! The pics are a bit too bright though, are you using a flash?

Offline lurker

• Journeyman
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 05:00:37 AM »
I especially like the ruddy brown - bronzed look on the biogiant! A different take on evil!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 05:23:12 AM »
Are you using the Growler Bull for a Golem of Darkness?

Uh....no, that's a, uh, very rare sculp by Thom that I uh...picked up in Patagonia and um...

Yeah.  It's an easy conversion and works well enough.  In fact I was going to write an article about proxies about how well growlers work for the various Golems.  Golems seem to be about the rarest popular thing out there, second to Heretic/Dissadents.  Technically, I was going to use this one as a Void Golem.  Of course I'd need to buy a second one and convert it as well.

@Coil-I've been wrestling with the flash.  No flash is too dark.  Flash is too bright.  I need to get one of those fancy backgrounds that are blue.  If anyone knows how to get them I'd love to hear.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:33:08 AM by Veez »
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 06:13:40 AM »
just get yourself a tripod (very small, and I guess 4$ max).

then you either set your cam to 1sec max or night scene mod. if you have the custom white ballance funtion, that would be perfect.

or by one F30 from fuji  <-I crave that cam  :P  compact and high iso. just what i need.
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »

@Coil-I've been wrestling with the flash.  No flash is too dark.  Flash is too bright.  I need to get one of those fancy backgrounds that are blue.  If anyone knows how to get them I'd love to hear.

all you need to do is make 4 pieces of Foam-Cor 24 inches square, glue them so that the front and top are open, then go to the store and buy a piece of light blue poster board, tape the poster board to the bottom front and then bend the poster board around so that it is flat about 15-18 inches in the base, and after that, have it curve upward and tape it to the back board...

instant shadowbox...

and costs only about 15 bucks, as opposed to 100-130 to an actual shadowbox...

B...
can you tell I used to be a photographer...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 07:48:40 AM »
or by one F30 from fuji  <-I crave that cam  :P  compact and high iso. just what i need.

F30 is a European model...its called something else here...

B...

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
Here's a cheap way to make a light box.
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

And another photo setup. This article also has a nice fadeing blue background you can print out and use.
http://www.dragon-miniatures.com/tips.php?page=diffusion

A small tripod is a really cheap way to get better pictures as well. Just use the timer on the camera.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 08:01:22 AM by Coil »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 08:05:04 PM »
Capt Neslon led Mr. Johnson and sixteen students to the clearing that was the Northern Training Ground.  Four hours ago, a helicopter had dropped them in a clearing and they had been forced to hike their way through the harsh jungle.  Despite his high quality equipment, it had been a long time, if ever, since Mr. Johnson served in any true military environment.  The camp (if one could call it that) was deserted.  It was exactly as he had figured.  This would be the nail in the major’s coffin, and Nelson was clearly the one who would have to step in to take his place.  He hoped Mr. Johnson was getting an eyeful.  Still he was worried to be in the middle of nowhere with limited options and night falling soon.  Nelson wandered over to the run-down command hut.  Inside was a pristine radio set.  This made him feel a bit better.  He was about to dial in the pre-agreed frequency when he saw it had already been set. 
“Sir, this is Capt Nelson.  We have arrived safely at the camp but it is deserted.  Where is the training cadre?”
A familiar voice found its way through the crackling speakers, “Ah, Nelson!  Glad to hear you made it.  Don’t worry, they will be along shortly.  I had wanted to have a word with you before they arrived.”
“Of course sir, what would that be?”
“The ancient Marines, not the criminals with guns we have now mind you, had certain principles by which they measured their subordinates.”
To Nelson, the major could have mentioned the Greeks or Romans.  The history of an abandoned planet meant as much to him as yesterdays racing scores.  Still, he was intrigued.
“Um, yes sir.  Your point?”
“Oh nothing.  Just that one of those principles was loyalty.  Yours was sadly misplaced and will cost you.  Goodby Nelson.  When next we meet you will be in no condition for decent conversation.”  The radio went dead.
“Major?  Major!” Nelson screamed into the radio.  He checked his weapon-fully loaded magazines.  He had test-fired them himself.  Whatever was waiting, he would not be taken unawares.  Suddenly shots rang out from outside the hut.  Nelson rushed out to find the men firing into the jungle around them.  Mr. Johnson had dropped his weapon and was cowering under one of the huts. 
”Form a perimeter on me!” Nelson screamed but the disorganized men did not heed him.  One screamed “Cobraaaa!” and ran off into the darkening jungle.  He screamed again, this time in terror then silence. 
From the jungle stepped four humanoid figures.  Nelson recognized the Centurions but the Razides were of a type unfamiliar to him.  With a rush, he realized who the major’s mysterious backers really were, and what had happened to the missing teams.  He opened fire.  The Dark Legion made no attempt to capture prisoners.  There orders had been clear; this batch was headed to the charnal pits to join the ranks of the undead.

To the south, Major Anderson was about to lean back in his chair when he felt a familiar presence and immediately knelt to the floor.
“Is my master pleased?” he asked, “I have fulfilled his requirements for Lord Algeroth and the Hoard.”
“Yessss, the Hoard is complete.  But there is one minor addition to Algeroth’s forcesssss.  Until then, hire some help.”
The presence faded and the major relaxed for the first time in long, long while.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »
eww...dead things...

B...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »
Where's the guy in the red sequin jacket and the silver sequin glove?  :o Whoo!......Whoo!........Thriller  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890