Author Topic: Eradicator Deathdroid Jungle Assault Configuration  (Read 7688 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Eradicator Deathdroid Jungle Assault Configuration
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »
Eradicator Jungle Assault Configuration

Recently, Bauhaus forces have reported a new E.D.D. configuration has been deployed in the jungles of Venus.  Armed with a Gigadeath Chainripper and a heavy Flamethrower, it is optimized to fight in the close-quarters warfare that dominated the surface of Venus.  Rports of this variant being used against civilian settlements of other Megacorporations have been loudly contested before the Cartel by Cybertronic representatives.

Unit: Eradicator Deathdroid. JA
Support unit, Required 1 Model, A.I.
CC 11 RC 9 PW 3 LD 12 AC 3 WD 6/3 ST 11 MV 5 AR 23 SZ 6 PC 135
Equipment
CSA Gigadeath Chainripper
FT 350 Heavy Mounted Flamethrower

Special Abilities: Impenetrability
Special rules: Level 3 A.I.

Weapon: Gigadeath Chainripper (Rending)
CC 0 PB -- SR -- MR --LR -- ER -- DAM ST + 5

Weapon: FT 350 Heavy Mounted Flamethrower (Radiant)
CC -- PB -- SR -- MR -- LR -- ER – DAM 13

EDIT: Removed Survival Training

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 07:16:45 AM by Jibbajabbawocky »
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Eradicator Deathdroid Jungle Assault Configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:28:58 PM »
Scary!

The Flamer may be short range but mounted on such a hard to kill chassis you can be pretty sure that it will reach the enemy.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 11:33:32 PM »
Compare it to this:

http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=952.0

I donīt know which is more ballanced, but they are quite similar.
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »
"Well, Haupt Kaptain?  Now, what?"

"The 'borgs' hypocrisies know no bounds.  They swear that they are not in league with the Dark Soul, yet they continue to manufacture "creations" that mimic it's taste for destroying anything human.  It must stop.  The Cartel is busy deliberating while our people die.  They should never have given them MC status to begin with.  They should've known that they'd push the envelope."

"So, we are agreed then?"

"We will be accused of subterfuge.  We will lose favor with the Cartel.  We will show the machines we are not to be trifled with.  I will send word for all local commanders to confer with me.  You do your best with the Cartel.  We will handle the 'borgs."

"Good day, Haupt Kaptain."
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Pietia

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »
Vehicle model with Survival Training? Strange.... BTW - 135 points for a MV 5 vehicle mounted heavy flamer is a very good deal... like 50% off ;-) (using the rubric the cost would be roughly what you proposed, but try and playtest it, you'll see how undercosted it is...).

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 05:02:47 AM »
Vehicle model with Survival Training? Strange.... BTW - 135 points for a MV 5 vehicle mounted heavy flamer is a very good deal... like 50% off ;-) (using the rubric the cost would be roughly what you proposed, but try and playtest it, you'll see how undercosted it is...).

Bah.  I am unafraid....  being I usually have some sort of Hi-Damage weapon in my armies, being SR or A-T capable firearm (usually Deathlokdrum).

A quote from one of Capitol's most famous commanders has said...

" So it's mean in the Jungle and it's mean in the City.  But then... so are we.  'Sides... it just a bucket of bolts anyway.  Couple of engineers and a case of that foul Sperry scotch or the even worse McGee Cognac will beat it just fine.

It shows up at any facility I am responsible for, it becomes a really big planter."

-Colonel John Archer
1st Infantry Division CAF

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 05:48:04 AM »
efficiency depends entirely on the terrain.

other armys get 2 3A MHMG for ca. 110 P (necromower, ronin BW)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 06:58:32 AM »
I gave it Survival Training since it was an A.I., instead of a vehicle, and It would be wierd having a Jungle Assault unit catch the flu. :)

Pietia, do you have a more accurate point cost that fits with the Rubric? I just kind of picked this ones since it sounded about right. (Really killer in short range, a walking target outside of that)

What I would do to get my hands on the actual Excel sheet....
:)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 07:03:07 AM »
Page 349-350: TA-65000 and EDD Classification

Q: Are these units, for purposes of the rules, considered vehicles?

A: According to the fluff, these units are A.I. robots and not vehicles because they have no crew inside – at least in the classic sense. That being said, it was never our intention that the unit suffer the penalties associated with the absence of that classification. Please add the “vehicle” classification to the TA-65000 and both of the Eradicators.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 07:17:47 AM »
Page 349-350: TA-65000 and EDD Classification

Q: Are these units, for purposes of the rules, considered vehicles?

A: According to the fluff, these units are A.I. robots and not vehicles because they have no crew inside – at least in the classic sense. That being said, it was never our intention that the unit suffer the penalties associated with the absence of that classification. Please add the “vehicle” classification to the TA-65000 and both of the Eradicators.

Ahhh... fair  enough, I shoulda read the FAQ first.
Statline updated.