Author Topic: New Mutant Chronicles RPG  (Read 10284 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
New Mutant Chronicles RPG
« on: November 21, 2006, 03:50:50 AM »
I was browsing through the Paradox website and discovered this report.
http://www.paradox-entertainment.com/news/redeye060904eng.pdf

On page 12 they mention other licenses for Paradox. It includes the interesting line:
Role playing game "Mutant Cronicles"
Partner
Pinnacle Games
Release Q2 2007.

The rest of the document is a lot about Conan, but they do mention Mutant Chronicles and the movie as well.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: New Mutant Chronicles RPG
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 04:20:00 AM »
Very interesting.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 04:57:52 AM »
this is interesting
Paradox has also developed its own characters in the portfolio, in particular Mutant Chronicles.
-> wrong (?)

Paradox now has a business model that is solely focused on licensing of literary rights.
-> bad. they want money, and they wonīt give it to something fan related, i guess
(also, I donīt like the hole concept.. basically rights squatting)

the italiens tried, I think.. someone wrote about bad terms by paradox
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »
this is interesting
Paradox has also developed its own characters in the portfolio, in particular Mutant Chronicles.
-> wrong (?)
True (sort of). Paradox was created from the parts of Target Games. Target created the MC brand and several of the people now at Paradox (Fredrik Malmberg and Nils Gulliksson for example) were actually involved in the creation of the MC universe.

Paradox now has a business model that is solely focused on licensing of literary rights.
-> bad. they want money, and they wonīt give it to something fan related, i guess
(also, I donīt like the hole concept.. basically rights squatting)
As a fan you can do whatever you want as long as you do not infringe on the copyrights, for example by starting to make money on it.

But let's keep this topic about the coming RPG.

Does anyone know of Pinnacle? Have they created any other games and are those games any good?

Offline Pietia

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 07:42:09 AM »
Pinnacle Entertainment (known as Great White Games) is the company that created Great Rail Wars miniature game and Deadlands RPG, as well as the new Savage Worlds RPG. They are good, very good - they use their own system (although they also provide D20 stats in their new products), which is simple, fast and fun. Their products have well developed fluff, gaming system is compatible with the fluff etc...

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:29:22 PM »
Pinnacle Entertainment (known as Great White Games) is the company that created Great Rail Wars miniature game and Deadlands RPG, as well as the new Savage Worlds RPG. They are good, very good - they use their own system (although they also provide D20 stats in their new products), which is simple, fast and fun. Their products have well developed fluff, gaming system is compatible with the fluff etc...

this was a good line, too...I never played the Great Rail Wars game, but I have played Deadlands, and the game was well thought out, had good storylines, and, more importantly, was easy to play (I found)...

this may be small step in the right direction for the universe and, hopefully, another company picking up the minis license...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:08:24 PM »
I see they listed the MC Collectible Miniatures game as coming out Q3 of 2006....

Anyone have an accurate time line?
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:39:21 PM »
It's apparently delayed. From what I've heard it's probably to coincide with the release of the movie.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html
Mutant Chronicles CMG
Interplanetary high-tech war between megacorporations and the invading eldritch might of the Dark Legion! Fast-paced action and innovative game mechanics will make FFG's first Collectible Miniatures Game an instant hit!

Expected at FFG: May, 2007

Wedge

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 11:23:50 AM »
It's apparently delayed. From what I've heard it's probably to coincide with the release of the movie.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html
Mutant Chronicles CMG
Interplanetary high-tech war between megacorporations and the invading eldritch might of the Dark Legion! Fast-paced action and innovative game mechanics will make FFG's first Collectible Miniatures Game an instant hit!

Expected at FFG: May, 2007

If that is the case then I guess we should hope the movie actually makes it to the big screen and doesn't die somewhere on the cutting room floor of the editors offices.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »
Of course all this makes you wonder if Pinnacle Entertainment has an eye on the Chronopia IP for a RPG. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
I was looking around some more and found a couple of interesting sites.
http://www.coggames.com/
http://www.coggames.com/projects.html

http://www.forbeck.com/?cat=22

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »
Interesting turn for the Warzone community. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 12:40:30 PM »
If you follow the links above you will find a MC RPG forum.  I saw what I thought were a few familiar names over there.  It would be a good time to get our $0.02 in.

What I like; it looks like it is being done be Swedes, people who have the original feel and background of the story (let's face it, it's been a bit bastardized these past few years). 

What I don't like; it seems (and I have barely scratched the surface so I could be very wrong) that they are not going to address Dark Eden any time soon, or are considering it as a separate game (I wouldn't mind seeing it in the same universe boot with looser ties).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »
Yeah, there were a couple of familiar names there. There's even a moderator named Wedge, but it's not the real Wedge we have here.

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »
Aw, man......a FAUX Wedge? Hpw bogus is that...
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male