Author Topic: Support from another forces  (Read 17768 times)

Offline sleeping_squirrel

• Journeyman
Support from another forces
« on: September 30, 2005, 08:57:12 AM »
HI,

old forum is gone and we [Czech republic] still dont know any rule about using squads, individuals or support units from another Corporations [Cartel, Brotherhood...]. Could anybody write a short text and explain it for us for ever? ;-]

Thank you for answering and sorry my English.

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: Support from another forces
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »
Alright, well its been several months since I found time to squeeze in a game of UWZ so my Rules Kung-fu may be weak, and someone like PFC Joe, Coil or anyone from the FAQ team would be a more capable font of knowledge than I, but here's my understanding of utilizing other factions as support.

Each unit from another faction fills a support slot in your army.  So if your playing Brotherhood, you could bring in a squad of Cartel Peacekeepers as a unit of support.  Furthermore any members of another faction you use as support must interanally meet the unit buying criteria.  This means if you have a brotherhood army, and wish to field a doomtrooper team you would need 6 Brotherhood grunt squads, which qualifies you for 3 support units, with which you would have to take 2 cartel grunt units to qualify for a cartel support, namely your doomtrooper team.  I hope this helps, if you need further help, or if anyone can point out an error in my explaination please fire away!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:15:50 AM »
The former Gallagher has it right.

Both forces, the support and the base, have to be legal forces.  ie one elite per grunt and two grunts per each support.

Unless otherwise noted only BrotherHood, the Tribes and Cartel units may be taken as support choices.

-PFC joe

-edited to fix ommission-
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 04:17:56 AM by PFC_joe »
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:57:35 AM »
And Dark Eden forces may not be taken? Am asking because below lord Marus forces is notice Does not use Rasputin tribes . Is it  an error?

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 11:21:56 AM »
This is one of the more ambiguous things about the book, many of the force composition pages state explicitly that you cannot take tribes of earth forces as consultants.  This implies seems to imply that forces that do not dissallow tribes of earth may take them, but nowhere is that explicitly stated that I can recall, therefore I'm going to have to defer to the earlier comments of PFC_Joe and say that:

Unless otherwise noted only Brotherhood and Cartel may be taken as support options.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 01:33:22 PM »
Whoops sorry,. forgot bout those buggers

Yes the only support forces are

BrotherHood
Cartel
Dark Eden Tribes.

(kinda thought that they were understood =) )

-PFC joe

• Journeyman
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 02:00:18 AM »
OK.

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 06:09:43 AM »
Unless otherwise noted you can only take from Cartel or Tribes of Earth.

You can't take from BH unless it specifically says you can (i think the a certain bahaus configuration can, and thats it)

Consultants/Advisors take a support slot. Must follow buying critieria of force you are buying from.

• Journeyman
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 10:00:47 AM »
Now Im confused   ???  ;D

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 08:56:09 PM »
Ok, squirrel, let me see if I can do a summary for you of what's been posted thus far.

1. The Cartel and the Tribes may be taken as allies by any Corp, unless that Corp specifically lists otherwise (Imperial, for example, cannot take Inheritors as allies).

2. Any other units available as allies will be listed at the beginning of the appropriate army list (House Sagielli, for example, is allowed Brotherhood Dedicated units as allies, except named personalities).

3. Allies count as a Support choice in army construction, so you must have 2 Grunt units from your original army to field an allied unit.

4. All Grunt/Elite/Individual buying criteria for both your original force and allies must remain legal. So, say you wanted to take 2 allied squads, one grunt, and one elite. You would need 4 grunt squads of your original house to do this. The 4 squads gets you two support choices, so those are legal, and you have to take an allied grunt to get an allied elite, since every force has a 1:1 grunt/elite ratio. You could also take 1 grunt ally, and 1 individual ally, if you chose to.

Hope this helps.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

• Journeyman
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:14:38 AM »
Ok, squirrel, let me see if I can do a summary for you of what's been posted thus far.

1. The Cartel and the Tribes may be taken as allies by any Corp, unless that Corp specifically lists otherwise (Imperial, for example, cannot take Inheritors as allies).

2. Any other units available as allies will be listed at the beginning of the appropriate army list (House Sagielli, for example, is allowed Brotherhood Dedicated units as allies, except named personalities).

3. Allies count as a Support choice in army construction, so you must have 2 Grunt units from your original army to field an allied unit.

4. All Grunt/Elite/Individual buying criteria for both your original force and allies must remain legal. So, say you wanted to take 2 allied squads, one grunt, and one elite. You would need 4 grunt squads of your original house to do this. The 4 squads gets you two support choices, so those are legal, and you have to take an allied grunt to get an allied elite, since every force has a 1:1 grunt/elite ratio. You could also take 1 grunt ally, and 1 individual ally, if you chose to.

Hope this helps.

Ok. Thanks. I was not sure about Brotherhood :] Now its time to sell my BH individualities :]

So Deathbringers note May not be included in the same army if BH consultants are fielded is typo.

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 06:37:54 AM »
Hmm. are you sure about that? Im pretty sure you need two grunt squads for any one unit of support, this would mean if you have two grunt and two elite you would need 8 squads of grunts from your main army.

As for the deathbringer thing, it probably was a mistake, yes. BH support to mishima makes no sense fluff wise (same with cyber).

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 10:14:26 AM »
Hmm. are you sure about that? Im pretty sure you need two grunt squads for any one unit of support, this would mean if you have two grunt and two elite you would need 8 squads of grunts from your main army.

As for the deathbringer thing, it probably was a mistake, yes. BH support to mishima makes no sense fluff wise (same with cyber).

Yes. Your example would be correct. In order to get 4 support squads, you need 8 grunt squads from your main army.

My guess about the BH/Mishima support line is that is was probably a leftover from earlier ally planning.

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

Negral Zar'akin

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 10:36:11 AM »
I'm 90% certain that Thom amended it to where the BrotherHood could act as Allies too.  I could be wrong bout that though =/  and problematicaly, it was right before the old Forums went poof.  I'll see if I can't dig it up somewhere.

-PFC joe

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 12:18:57 PM »
I'm 90% certain that Thom amended it to where the BrotherHood could act as Allies too.  I could be wrong bout that though =/  and problematicaly, it was right before the old Forums went poof.  I'll see if I can't dig it up somewhere.

-PFC joe

Good..I don't seem to have that on my FAQ list, but the one I had compiled hadn't been updated for a bit before the old site went down.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

Negral Zar'akin