Author Topic: Stealth Question?  (Read 4322 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Stealth Question?
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:34:45 AM »
     I'm a litttle fuzzy on this.  Say a stalker begins the game hidden:

1.) He stays represented by the "card" til when?

2.) If He is out of LOS but within 6 inches of a model(say around the corner of a building) can he go "stealth".

3.) Can He be "spotted" while still represented by the card? 

Thanks for the help.

Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Stealth Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:12:27 AM »
1.  The Stalker remains hidden as a card until he's spotted, casts a spell, or goes out of hiding to run.  Remember to put hidden markers over your dummy cards to really fool your opponent.  A dummy card with a hidden marker is revealed automatically if it comes within 12" of an enemy. 

2.  Your second question is trickier.  If the model was hidden, then spotted, then runs/moves around the corner of the building, I would say no.  The enemy knows you've gone over there.  You'll have to make another move and then hide to pull that off.

If the model was out of LOS, approached the corner of the building within 6" of the enemy, but still out of LOS, then I would say it could hide.

3.  Yes.  Read the rules for spotting hidden models.  Over 12" there is a -4 penalty to spot checks (check my memory) and terrain modifiers too. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
     Thanks Josh, karma to you :D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:24:25 AM »
1. Correct as usual. Using hidden markers on dummy counters can be extremely effective, and annoying, which is their purpose. :D

2. This one is indeed tricky. If we go by the letter of the rules, which is my general inclination, models within 6" of enemy models cannot Hide. There are always situations which the rules cannot cover, simply based upon the finite limitations.

3. Again, your memory is correct. Spot checks beyond 12" do indeed suffer -4 to LD.

SP

1.  The Stalker remains hidden as a card until he's spotted, casts a spell, or goes out of hiding to run.  Remember to put hidden markers over your dummy cards to really fool your opponent.  A dummy card with a hidden marker is revealed automatically if it comes within 12" of an enemy. 

2.  Your second question is trickier.  If the model was hidden, then spotted, then runs/moves around the corner of the building, I would say no.  The enemy knows you've gone over there.  You'll have to make another move and then hide to pull that off.

If the model was out of LOS, approached the corner of the building within 6" of the enemy, but still out of LOS, then I would say it could hide.

3.  Yes.  Read the rules for spotting hidden models.  Over 12" there is a -4 penalty to spot checks (check my memory) and terrain modifiers too. 
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »
Good to have you backin' me up Southpaw.  The "old guard" on this forum are always ready to help, and I've had more rules queries resolved from guys like you, Wedge, Topkick, and more I'm overlooking in my haste to type. 

Your help is always appreciated. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 08:16:23 AM »
My pleasure. I aim to serve.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin