Author Topic: Contacts at Paradox  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Jr_Boyd

Contacts at Paradox
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »
Does anyone have a contact at Paradox Entertainment they can share? I would like to make contact with someone other than the licensing group. I have communicated with Joakim Zetterberg and he has been less than helpful. I have made several attempts and seem to end up at the same place. They seem more than happy to charge someone else to take the risk and develop this product. Honestly I am not sure of what they really have of tangible value other than a concept at this point.

I would really like to know what they feel the a Chronopia IP is worth. Any takers on this conversation? Feel free to PM me if you would rather communicated in private.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Contacts at Paradox
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »
 I think it is like you say.They want others to take the risk with doing a re-start on the project.

I am sure all of the moulds for the miniatures range are now gone so it would mean starting from scratch.This would be a huge investment for anyone thinking of doing it.

Not sure if you would be-able to get new moulds made of the miniatures which were released or like i mentioned above would you need to start fresh.That would add a whole new dimension on how you would go forward with such a project.

To say it would be amazing to try i am not sure how it would go.As now lots of people seem to be into the skirmish/dungeon crawl type games.If you went this route to get started you would be looking at around 10-15 miniatures per faction to get going.As we all know there are quite a few faction and then the different sub-factions in them too.

All that said i would not know how much the IP would be worth due to the risks involved.For me doing some miniatures which help fill holes is not a profitable one,but one i want to see done.I know i am never going to get rich from this miniatures businessIt is more a case of i would be spending the money on lots of different ranges so why not have my own.

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 06:25:05 AM »
It would be nice if Chronopia had new life, if I can help in this I would be very happy. ;D

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:49:50 AM »
I think I would surprise people with what I would do with Chronopia and it is not likely what you think. There are so many miniature choice today and creative companies making them including yours Andy and artist like Francesco. Now you don't have to be a sculptor to make a miniature you can do 3D rendering and get outstanding miniatures. I also am stunned when I see companies try to integrate technology and war gaming. They forget the reason we all do this hobby is the love of the hands on experience, craftsmenship and building small worlds. I think before someone would pay to license a product like Chronopia they would be better served to start over.

Hang in there kvaerne I have a idea that may make everyone happy and help us blow the dust off our favorite clans.

JB

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 07:37:08 AM »
Thank you  >:(
 Now I'm very curious. ???
 I think last night I do not sleep.  ;)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 05:53:10 PM »
 You have me interested JB ;).

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
I can't help with Paradox, but I will throw my two cents into the topic.

I think something that has been touched on here, but hasn't been as keenly addressed in the industry is 10-15mm fantasy armies.  Rather, there are figs in that scale, but not an incredible set of rules to use as an excuse to push them around a table.  Warmaster was great, but is defunct and really, really expensive (for the USA) to get into.  Proxy models are all English or European (Pendraken, etc).  Song of... can use that scale, but really shines with 25-28mm.  Minifigs in the USA closed shop years ago, leaving America with almost zero domestic options in these scales.

I think Chronopia would look grand in that scale and really fill a niche that has been glossed over.  The unique looks of the units would do well for Chronopia, Hordes of the Things, Warmaster, Song of... and many other fantasy rules.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 01:24:13 AM »
 15mm you say ;).