Author Topic: HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:27:52 AM »
Especailly Archer and any others who serve that I don't know of!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 06:57:48 AM »
I have the honor of having served but my service pales to both those who went before and after. The sacrifices I made in peacetime in no way compare to the ones made by our forefathers or those who came after me in times of conflict.

Most blessed are the warriors. For they risk their lives so that others may enter the Kingdom of Heaven unmolested.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 07:14:26 AM »
My sentiments exactly.  And for those that didn't know...

Veteran's Day honors the soldiers from WWI and Memorial Day honors the soldiers from WWII.  A little bit of trivia for you on this important day.

To all my fellow brothers-in-arms, may the Lord bless you and keep you out of harms way in these trying times.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:43:26 AM »
Happy Veteran's Day and thanks to all who served and are serving.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 07:12:02 PM »
Hello.

AS a very proud son and grandson of war veterans, I will pass a prayer on to those in harms way. "May the hand of God be between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk". I have not had the honor of serving but appreciatte and value all who do.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »
Thanks for the well-wishes, and thank you to the rest of us vets.  I think that those who have served in our volunteer service are deserving of this day of recognition.  Further, those who fought when called upon deserve our thanks even more.

Happy Veteran's Day to all who served, and to all those who made it possible for us to serve (family, friends, etc.).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!