Author Topic: Between Books, Claymont Delaware  (Read 28047 times)

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Between Books, Claymont Delaware
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 10:08:51 AM »
Nice to be back.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »
Good to see you here, Prime!  :)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 12:02:55 PM »
Nice to be back.

Sweet mercy!!
as I live and breathe

nice to see you on the boards again
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
Nice to be back.

Hello.

Ho-rhaa. Had a blast at between books, got smoked by jjdodger in chronopia and gave dragon62 a little run before we had to break up. AND IT IS DAMN GOOD TO SEE THOM BACK!!!

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
Had a great day at Between Books look forward to the next get together.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:14 PM »
The Big Kahuna returns.....and there was great rejoicing.  ;D

Welcome back to the forums Thom
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 05:53:15 PM »
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »
Good to see ya PRIME.  Thanks for the many hours of fun ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2006, 09:31:45 PM »
Hello.

O-man I look evil, red eyes and hair more grey than my dads.  ::)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 04:37:58 AM »
IT'S LIKE THE SECOND COMING!!! :D

Only withouth the rapture, or the antichrist, or the seven years of tribulation...sorry, been reading Left Behind agin. ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 06:00:05 AM »
IT'S LIKE THE SECOND COMING!!! :D

Only withouth the rapture, or the antichrist, or the seven years of tribulation...sorry, been reading Left Behind agin. ;D

Those of us remaining on the forum could be considered as those who ascended in the rapture, There were at least two people who came here and stirred the pot that I personally consider satanic, and it has been approximately 7 months of tribulation since this started. Who knows how long God considers a year to be. 

I think I'll stop know before God rams a lightning bolt up my butt. I'm bad and I'm going to hell.  :o
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 06:26:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts.  I am so happy to be back on the boards and look forward to starting some exciting new ventures.  I will post a more detailed explanation elsewhere a bit later as I feel those of you who have been here in 2006 deserve some explanation as to what has been going on. 

I wanted to thank Josh, Dalton and Bill for setting up such nice tables and to Josh for organizing the event.  Dense terrain has always been my preferred method of gaming and they pulled out all the stops. Everyone was given places to play and felt right at home.  We had such a turn out we had to set up a smaller table in the aisles to accomodate everyone. Dave and Tim came up with some genius terrain of their own that really insprired me.  :)

The turn out was a blast and I truly had an enjoyable day both catching up with people and playing.  I was concerned that with everything that has happened to me that I might not be able to enjoy the hobby as I once had.  I am so relieved that this seems not to be the case.  I can honestly say that of all the things I have missed, it was the player interaction I missed most.  I always felt Excelsior had the best players.

I'd like to thank everyone there for coming and of course to Greg for hosting us.  Between Books is one of the few ecclectic stores you will find in this area and is one of my favorite treasure troves of neat old and new things.  Future events have earned us the entire gaming area where we can accomodate nearly twice the players we had this time.  If you are traveling a few hours north of Philly, you can find a similar ecclectic at Maplewood Hobbies and Time Warp Comics.  It has been a while since I have made it to Maplewood and I hope to help organize a train ride to game at there soon.   :o (That's right Garcia...I'm coming for you!!)

It was a great Saturday and I feel renewed and excited.  Thank you everyone!  The forum will be undergoing some changes over the course of the next few weeks, though I am not removing the content.  It's time it gets a facelift and shakes off the dust of the past. A clear slate.  Any odd glitches or blackouts are no doubt caused by my tinkering and do not reflect any site closings.

Lastly, thanks to all you forum members who I have not seen but have been told about in my absence for your kind wishes and continued support.  It is appreciated more than you could know.  Thanks especially to our moderators who contuinued to do their jobs with such good will and dedication, I am quite, quite grateful.

With kindest regards... Thom Talamini
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »
Hello.

Yes it was a great day to be with friends and meet good people.I played jjdodger in chronopia and got smoked and had a demo game with Dragon62 in warzone. The best line out of that game was "just tell me what I need to shoot you" followed by back to back 2's on  RL shots against phil's colonel in cover. Thom just remember any time you need help we are here to lend a hand.

wmeredith.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 07:05:24 PM »
Yes Forumites there is a Santa Claus. I already got my best present. My friend has returned from the wilderness and is home again. Thom as always I am a phone call away. I went thru some hard times while you were incommunicado but your return is prove that the man upstairs listens to everyone - even heretics like me.  ;D