Author Topic: Between Books, Claymont Delaware  (Read 28081 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Between Books, Claymont Delaware
« on: November 08, 2006, 11:31:48 AM »
Through Thom I've become acquainted with this cool books and game shop in Claymont DE.  Now it seems like a monthly pilgrimage to go down there and spend too much money.  I figured I'd see who's around there for a pickup game of Chronopia sometime.  Let me know if a Saturday afternoon would work.  The Philly crew could come down, and if we have three others come in, everyone gets a game in.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Between Books, Claymont Delaware
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 03:13:13 PM »
Been there - like the place.  Catch me next month, and I am in!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »
HELLO!!

Do I need to say I am in. GOT to get painting.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 06:44:41 PM »
Two of our players (NinjaCat and the missus) live in Claymont, and would show up, I'm sure.  A third lives in Dover, so the trip is easier  for him to there than to my house.  jjdodger and I are always up for the trip (only 20 minutes, for me).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »
Okee.  I'll see about getting table space from Greg.  I'll get the word out, try to get Thom and J.P., etc.  When we see how many players we have, we'll consider making it a tourney, maybe even a LEAGUE.  Hm.  Now this sounds doable, until the next hoedown I throw.  This may not be convenient for our friends further north, but maybe they'll come down once we get the ball rolling.  A weekend minicon at a store would rock.  Hotels are probably cheap down in Delaware, the ball's rolling already.

Alright.  Let's go for a Saturday throwdown, see if we can make it a once a month event, and take it from there.  We just have to bring spending cash to throw at Greg.  If we bring him business, and we certainly spend enough there now, he'll be more than happy to accomodate us.  Hell, he helped carry out some of the goods to the car last weekend.  Good guy that Greg. 

Updates in the coming weeks.

Cheers.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 08:43:32 AM »
What saturday are you planning this for?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 11:56:19 AM »
Hey Phil, I just ran it by Thom, and he's down, and thinks J.P. will be too.  I'm looking at maybe the first weekend of December, but I haven't even spoken to Greg yet about table space, and I just thought of this today.  I'll call this week, line it up, and we'll get together and throw down.  If you, Dave McGee, dodger, Thom, J.P., (maybe Lucky1) and the three from Philly show, it should be a good size gettogether.  Maybe we'll run Chronopia and Warzone, as it will be casual.  From the vibe I'm getting off the board, this seems like a great spot for some people to get together, so in my enthusiasm, I'll round up people, if I have to cajole them, beg, plead, bribe, whatever, I'll will this thing to happen.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:51 AM »
If your talking Dec 2nd i'am good have a 4-day weekend.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »
I guess I could bring my FB army.
Havent played UWZ in a long time. not to sure where my rasiz are.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 12:14:11 PM »
Look forward to seeing you there JP.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 06:22:38 AM »
Was just wondering what the official head count is going to be on Saturday.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 06:28:15 AM »
I will be there, with both warzone and chronopia, 1k armys for both, and if someone wants to borrow one, i am cool with that.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
I regret to say that I wont be able to attend. The real world has once again intruded on my gaming... DARNIT!  >:(
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 06:40:50 AM »
I regret to say that I wont be able to attend. The real world has once again intruded on my gaming... DARNIT!  >:(

You sound like you need a real world - ectomy
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 07:33:33 AM »
So far it's Dalton, Bill Meredith, myself from Philly.  We've got Phil, McGee, Dodger, possibly Thom T., possibly J.P. so I'm thinking eight.  If Tim "Lucky 1" shows, we'll all get some games in.  We plan on showing early to get set up by 10:45 and staying until about 4:00 when work/dogs/responsibilities kick in.  The gaming can continue on if players want to and bring their terrain.  I'll be shooting some emails and phone calls as usual. 

Thom's schedule is going to be crazy until April 15th or so handling all the tax stuff he's doing lately, so he tells me he's iffy about Saturday.  On a humorous note, Greg from Between Books called him to invite him to play his own game at this event!!  How ironic is that?  He thought about calling it "Thom Con", but if he doesn't make it, it's back to "Josh Con".  We'll start organizing events there every 4--6 weeks at the store, consulting schedules first. 

Just kidding about the "Josh Con"!  Heaven help us if I throw a con.  My 23rd birthday party could have been a scene left on the cutting floor from Apocalypse Now.  I'm gettin' old.