Author Topic: Mongoblian Horde: Death Chicken Army  (Read 19724 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Re: Mongoblian Horde: Death Chicken Army
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:57:48 AM »
I just hit the applaud button. To the unitiated in what my co-workers call my "dork kingdom", so many modelling references just sound obscene, or psychotic.

I'm betting those Reaper birds are a little too big, but I still think it's worth a go.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.  My wife likes to stand behind me when I'm on the forum and whisper "loser" over and over while she chuckles.  Of course I do the same to her while she plays her online computer games(arcade) against others for "Tokens".  Isn't love grand!    
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
My friend Pete's wife Trish plays all the games he plays.  When his jealous friends ask how he got so lucky, he replies, "I trained her."   I know that sounds chauvinistic, but he's not like that at all.

Trish is a fierce competitor whether it's 40K (she plays Orks), Warlord (she plays Elves), and they play Wild West miniatures games, and soon, next time we hang, Pirates! 

Love is grand.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »
My friend Pete's wife Trish plays all the games he plays.  When his jealous friends ask how he got so lucky, he replies, "I trained her."   I know that sounds chauvinistic, but he's not like that at all.

Trish is a fierce competitor whether it's 40K (she plays Orks), Warlord (she plays Elves), and they play Wild West miniatures games, and soon, next time we hang, Pirates! 

Love is grand.

A female Ork player.... Kewl.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
@ Masherking--- I was wondering, how much more difficult is it to keep your mounted warbands in command  distance, and still get to use all the actions.  I ask this because I just won a lot on ebay that has a full warband of ripperbeast archers and I would like to use them.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
@ Masherking--- I was wondering, how much more difficult is it to keep your mounted warbands in command  distance, and still get to use all the actions.  I ask this because I just won a lot on ebay that has a full warband of ripperbeast archers and I would like to use them.

I never found it an issue.
squads are 4 big, leaderless squad and movement is what they do best. :)

damn there was squad e-bay...missed that one.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
@ Masherking--- I was wondering, how much more difficult is it to keep your mounted warbands in command  distance, and still get to use all the actions.  I ask this because I just won a lot on ebay that has a full warband of ripperbeast archers and I would like to use them.

I never found it an issue.
squads are 4 big, leaderless squad and movement is what they do best. :)

damn there was squad e-bay...missed that one.
    Thanks for the info.  The ripperbeasts came with a HUGE lot of blackbloods and Devout.  I am now pretty much commited to these 2 armies.  My poor elves and dwarves my not see lamplight for a long time.

Iron Panda

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 05:22:49 AM »
The ripperbeasts came with a HUGE lot of blackbloods and Devout.

I remember that one.  It's sad when one remember vividly Chronopia Ebay actions.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
The ripperbeasts came with a HUGE lot of blackbloods and Devout.

I remember that one. It's sad when one remember vividly Chronopia Ebay actions.

I still kick myself for not getting a couple of lots that were on ebay 5-6 months ago.  One was a HUGE Blackblood and the other was a Devout.  At the time I didn't want to spend that much money on one lot, so instead I ended up spending more on a bunch of smaller ones :-[.  Ahh, stupidity................ what a rush! :D

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »
So, I recieved my ripperbeasts the other day.  I was so happy!  Then, to my horror :o, I discover three very lonely ripperbeast archers hiding in the corner of the box.  Poor, sad little things don't have any ripperbeasts to play with!  I felt so sorry for them :(.  They proceeded to tell me how allthe other ripperbeast archers made fun of them and would not let them join in any ripperbeast archer games!  I swore right then and there I would ask around to see if anybody had any ripperbeasts that needed riders.  The prospect of gallantly riding into battle again seemed to cheer them up  (its hard to read goblin facial expressions).  So, if anybody has any information leading to finding rides for these poor, distraught minis please don't hesitate to PM me.   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 07:07:39 PM by DogOWar »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
YES I got almost a 1000 pts of Rippers and Goblin Chariots.....just two rippers short (lancer and archer).
happy day
happy day
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 06:15:28 AM »
YES I got almost a 1000 pts of Rippers and Goblin Chariots.....just two rippers short (lancer and archer).
happy day
happy day

I have one of each available if you're interested. Let me know.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin