Author Topic: Merc Troop unit: Hoare's Irregulars  (Read 14338 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Merc Troop unit: Hoare's Irregulars
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 10:49:04 AM »
I guess we should work on the 1 group that has been omitted from all versions of Warzone. It was in the RPG, Books, and the CCG. That would be the" Freelancers" mercenaries for hire.

I already had done so prior to being deployed; they were, I believe, scheduled for review and balancing when I had gotten back...

I think Thom might still have the document.  They were based on the four from the magazine- the Hitman, the Bad-A$$, the demolitions expert and the Infiltrator.

Given how the buying criteria is for this edition, to be available for Corps, they would have to be considered as a Support Selection and getable without a troop from the Cartel List.

Something to mull over...  I plan on chatting with Thom on cartel/merc issues and the stuff I had cooked up while overseas and here on the board.  At least thats the plan. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »
Sadly I dont think Thom reads the boards to much. (someone posted his computer hasnt been put back together yet :P)
Hell last con was the first time he moved a pewter arcoss the table top in over year.
shame. The newer post really show people enjoying the heck out of his game.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 06:52:31 PM »
Sadly I dont think Thom reads the boards to much. (someone posted his computer hasnt been put back together yet :P)
Hell last con was the first time he moved a pewter arcoss the table top in over year.
shame. The newer post really show people enjoying the heck out of his game.

Actually... he does occasionally read.  And he'll post when he is ready. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »
The newer post really show people enjoying the heck out of his game.

That is because he put together a damn good rules set. I enjoy playing the game and no matter money making drivel paradox tries to shill they can keep their collectable mini's and stinking clickies. I throw down with real pewter in real games.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.