Author Topic: The difference between newb and NOOB!  (Read 9627 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
Re: The difference between newb and NOOB!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »
Is it sad that I know people like that?

*cough* worksatmaplewood *cough*
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
masherking? ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:13:09 PM »
From what I witnessed at maplewood during a certian bloodbowl game I would say the person is not masherking but rather was his opponent. Very sad.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 05:14:58 AM »
Ah yes, you did have to witness that.
:(

I am quite sorry.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 05:27:02 AM »
in his defence he was much better behaved ( the boy's trying)

for the record neither Jibba or me work for maplewood...though at this point I might start moving my furniture in when johns (owner) not looking.  Ahhhh maplewood hobby my home away from home.     
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
for the record neither Jibba or me work for maplewood...though at this point I might start moving my furniture in when johns (owner) not looking.  Ahhhh maplewood hobby my home away from home.     

I was just bustin' 'em for you, bud - I knew it wasn't you.  ;)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 10:46:50 AM »
I think we pretty much work for them.  After all, how much Warzone and Chronopia has been sold because of us?

(And not just the stuff we buy ourselves)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »
You guys are there so much that when anyone orders food from there they are asked " Is this for Masher or Jibba?"
The FBI has started watching the shop to see why these same two guys are in the shop all hours of the day with "mysterious" cases and they leave staggering and with smiles on their faces. And why is it that they walk in with a knot of money and leave with none but with visibly heavier "mystery" cases.

Make you wonder.....Hmmmmmmm  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
Hmmm... considering the only "worker" there is Serge, I'd have to walk in REAAAAAALY drunk for THAT to happen.  :P

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »
You guys are there so much that when anyone orders food from there they are asked " Is this for Masher or Jibba?"
The FBI has started watching the shop to see why these same two guys are in the shop all hours of the day with "mysterious" cases and they leave staggering and with smiles on their faces. And why is it that they walk in with a knot of money and leave with none but with visibly heavier "mystery" cases.

They kept discussing "weapons" and obscure terrorist organizations from the 80's (i.e. Cobra).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 04:32:44 AM »

They kept discussing "weapons" and obscure terrorist organizations from the 80's (i.e. Cobra).

They know us so well. :P
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 04:39:11 AM »

They know us so well. :P

Yeah no more playing the DARK LEGION when I come up to Maplewood. I wouldnt want anyone thats listening to get the wrong idea about ME!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 08:34:17 PM »
From what I witnessed at maplewood during a certian bloodbowl game I would say the person is not masherking but rather was his opponent. Very sad.

wmeredith.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... I would have to say that would be Serge; based on thy description.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:36:09 PM »

wmeredith.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... I would have to say that would be Serge; based on thy description.

Now, I'm not gonna name names, but on a completely unrelated note, you should all check you SERGE protectors, since an unwanted SERGE can ruin a game, be it console or tabletop.

Just a little FYI...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:39:55 PM by Jibbajabbawocky »