Author Topic: Loadouts  (Read 3772 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Loadouts
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:02 PM »
Some questions regarding loadouts:

Corps Officers/Leaders
Most sergeants are listed as "leaders."  May they take these loadouts?

May Officers take Elite and/or Grunt Loadouts (Hussar Kaptain is a "grunt" officer, Venusian Ranger Kaptain is an "elite" officer)?

To me, this begs the question of whether the Loadouts were meant to be heirarchical.  In other words, may officers take any loadout?

If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Re: Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:26:46 AM »
To add to this question.. what about support units, ie, the heavy inf HMG on the back of an orca? The commando's on a Strike Skimmer? etc? Or, the unit themselves... can the Orca's get Comm Helms and increase their Command Radius?

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:27:05 AM »
Stalker answered most Loadout questions under my corp loadouts topic. Only Corps can use. Support units cannot use. And I feel dave is correct it is heirarchial. Leaders/officers refers to Ind. model not the squads sergeant. For instance under Comm Link it states a commander in CD to squad.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:53:56 AM »
It seems silly, to me, that Max, the Venusian Ranger Kaptain and the Venusian Marshall cannot take an Enviro Suit, while all other Venusian Rangers can, including the sergeant.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Pietia

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 07:34:34 AM »
There are also other silly results of this rules - e.g. the Pilgrim Executioner has Tactical Sense, which he does not really need (as he is equipped only with CC weapons and does not have enough MV to need Tac Sense to "redirect" his charge). He is also a unit commander for the Pilgrims - this unit could use his Tactical Sense, but unfortunately they can't buy the proper loadouts to benefit from this possibility, as they are not corp unit. Brotherhood is worse off than corporations against its main opponent - the Dark Legion, because it can't equip its troops with environmental suits (very handy when fighting against DL units equipped with ATS weapons).

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:42:50 PM »
Brotherhood is worse off than corporations against its main opponent - the Dark Legion, because it can't equip its troops with environmental suits (very handy when fighting against DL units equipped with ATS weapons).

we have a house rule that says that the Brotherhood can use corp loadouts because they are a de facto "Corporation"

B...
just filling in some holes...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »
I, too, would agree with Pietia, on this.  It is silly that Brotherhood is not a "corporation."  Let 'em use the loadouts.