Author Topic: Rams Air Cav  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Rams Air Cav
« on: September 28, 2005, 04:17:22 PM »
under Rams Air Cav it says "the twin barracuda air support vehicle as it is properly known" but under the stats it is listed as mortal it does not say vehicle. just want to know if it can move and shoot in same action as a vehicle. :-\
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Rams Air Cav
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »
It is a mortal, not a vehicle.

It may not move and fire for one action.

Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:58:46 AM »
I was just curious because it has an allitude stat under its movement were as to banshees don't
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline maverickman5

• I'm a Bad Man.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:48 AM »
banshees have jump jets, where as the Rams actuall have a jet pack that allows them to suspend flight
Beware the Rules Lawyer!

www.Miniartofwar.com

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 10:49:12 AM »
Making the RAMs Air Cavalry a vehicle would vastly overpower the unit for its point cost.  Were the RAMs a single crewed vehicle it could move and fire in the same action, coupled with AP rockets and squads of 1-2 and high mobility they would have an even more devestating effect than they do already.  If I get a second support unit in my Imperial or Wolfbane Forces, I almost always take a pair of RAMs with the AP loadout.

Timthetekron

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 11:44:22 PM »
...always wished the Twin Barracuda got fully realised in the rules, allowing it two (2) southpaws like in the illustration on p.90 in Warzone 1st edition but it never did...in any edition for that matter. Maybe the second one is a spare or they can only be fired one at a time...yea and maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot.

Offline LAWwaldo

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 04:23:34 PM »
  The Barrucada would be way to powerful if it had dual rocket launches with AP rockets.  However, if they did, then it would just be a lot more points for a model that could die pretty easily.
"Life is tough; it's even tougher when your stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 06:11:50 PM »
...always wished the Twin Barracuda got fully realised in the rules, allowing it two (2) southpaws like in the illustration on p.90 in Warzone 1st edition but it never did...in any edition for that matter. Maybe the second one is a spare or they can only be fired one at a time...yea and maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot.

I was not into Imperial in the earlier editions of the game, unlike now, but I thought that the second launcher on the model was because of an eariler rule set.

Since I don't have a copy of the earlier sets, I can't confirm my suspicion, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

That being said, it's a nasty thing if used correctly now.  Making it a vehicle would just be a foul and evil thing.

B.
Not that I would mind that, but it would be foul and evil...
eBay name: sylvas1970