Author Topic: Am I the only one the Applauds?  (Read 16989 times)

Offline Catinator

Re: Am I the only one the Applauds?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »
I also use it occasionally if the poster does something which I consider positive in term of the games, like a link to alternative minis, a good idea or comment, etc...

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 04:57:21 AM »
I will admit I'm not above the occasional smackdown for soneone who is unable to present an argument in a calm manner--I would expect the same out of others.  That said, I also like to applaud relevant work such as a fantastic paint scheme or a particularly good idea.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 08:18:22 AM »
old toppic, but i feel annoyed..

i just got my -8 karma and no comment on why....

so, why??

did i again insult someone?
was my style of argumenting (recently) annoying?

or did i just do too much (rather time conuming) research for that bayonet-thead? or what else??

cuīs

??? ???
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »
Hello

I cannot say why you are at negative 8 but I can tell you why you are now at negative 9 . The reasons are, 1 your course and insulting tone towards two members of this forum. 2 Being deliberately dismissive of Archer a soldier who would know more about bayonets and body armor than you and wiki combined. 3 Your petty smiting of Dave McGee because he didn,t simply agree with you. IF you want to take slams at respected members of this forum I will sound off on it.

wmeredith
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:07:07 AM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »
Hello

I cannot say why you are at negative 8 but I can tell you why you are now at negative 9 . The reasons are, 1 your course and insulting tone towards two members of thid forum. 2 Being deliberately dismissive of Archer a soldier who would know more about batonets and body armor than you and wiki combined. 3 Your petty smiting of Dave McGee because he didn,t simply agree with you. IF you want to take slams at respected members of this forum I will sound off on it.

wmeredith

Bill...

Thanks for the defense.

I've no issue with our resident Kraut.  We were having a discussion and I've no issue personally with him...  He is simply a direct individual and I appreciate that- even when the subject being commented on is fustrating the hell out of me. :)

Make nice and give him an appalud.  You did not have to smite the man.  If I was offended, I'd have done it.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 09:05:14 AM »
but I can tell you why you are now at negative 9 . The reasons are, 1 your course and insulting tone towards two members of thid forum.
please quote me where i had an insulting tone?

i was not aware of that. i never wrote someting like "you are too stupid" or something like that.
perhaps i used bad phrasings sometimes, but i want to state here:

i donīt want to insult someone. if anyone does not like my tone PLEASE let me know.
in 99% it will not be my intention!!!
i will edit out everything that is insulting!

also, i was not aware that i specifically do that to two members!

2 Being deliberately dismissive of Archer a soldier who would know more about batonets and body armor than you and wiki combined.
that may be true.
but it was not only wiki, but a PHD on arrows (link, see thread), several more webpages and a book about medival weapons.

3 Your petty smiting of Dave McGee because he didn,t simply agree with you. IF you want to take slams at respected members of this forum I will sound off on it.
i donīt smite ppl for not agreeing. never.

i find your smite not correct, but so be it. i wonīt return the favor..

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 09:07:50 AM »
i donīt smite ppl for not agreeing. never.

i find your smite not correct, but so be it. i wonīt return the favor..

cuīs

Now I applaud that.  And have done so.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
in Aldrien's defence I think people forget that english is not his frist language and that comes
off at being...Very Direct at times. Plus sometimes ones intent is hard to come across in the written word. 
      I never thought badly of Aldrien. In fact anytime he thought he was outline he went out of his way to say sorry.

For the record my grandmother speaks very broken english and I know how hard it is for her at times to get ideas across or understand others. Let alone to write it down.

Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 10:52:14 AM »
The only problems I have with the whole smite system is that they dont go away. Its like a bad rep. Once you get it, no matter what else you do, someone or thing is always there to remind you. Also if you are going to leave a smite or applaud you should have to at least leave a brief comment or have your name logged so that it can open a discussion one way or another.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Amen

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »
Amen

You mean you and I agree on something?  ???  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »
The only problems I have with the whole smite system is that they dont go away. Its like a bad rep. Once you get it, no matter what else you do, someone or thing is always there to remind you. Also if you are going to leave a smite or applaud you should have to at least leave a brief comment or have your name logged so that it can open a discussion one way or another.

That's why I like it-because now I'm a bad boy and chicks dig bad boys so now I can go cruizin' down the street with my wifi laptop showin' off my bad karma and women will flock to it like a babe magnet.

Or not.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »
what shall i do?
applaud for this comment or smite you, to support your cause?

its your choise

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
Hello

Archer, I am sorry if the post is causing problems. I will do as you ask . I will also opologize to Aldrien . But I stand on my statement about to forum members,  I am a Veterans son so I have a high regard for our veterans. Peace.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Iron Panda

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »
That's why I like it-because now I'm a bad boy and chicks dig bad boys so now I can go cruizin' down the street with my wifi laptop showin' off my bad karma and women will flock to it like a babe magnet.

Veez, you go with your bad self!  Chicks always dig guys with sleek, top-shelf laptops. The bad karma, on the other hand, gives you a come-hither look and a smile.  Which leads to a faster heart rate and a great sense of well being and ego.

In the end, its all about getting the chicks. ;D ;D