Author Topic: Am I the only one the Applauds?  (Read 17484 times)

Iron Panda

Re: Am I the only one the Applauds?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »
I've always enjoyed posting on this board not only because I personally know some good people I have met and gamed with (Jibba, Masher, Dragon, Archer, Wmeredith, Philly Sniper, DMcgee, and if I miss anyone, my apologies)  but also the forum has a very friendly, intelligent, rational atmosphere.  The posts, despite being very heated at times, are just intense, passionate discourse.  If you take this message board media and have all of us, in person,  in a stadium talking to each other, we would all look like philosophers passionately talking about topics we love.  We definately aren't goons insulting and hurting each other at a moments notice.  This forum is filled with intelligent, mature, and rational discussions (albeit tongue in cheek sometimes.) and the way I look at it, there are no verbal fistfights and personal insults flung about.  Just look at other gaming boards and one would see the difference.  We, collectively as forum members of this wonderful board, are comrade in arms and we rock!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:56:12 PM by Iron Panda »

Wedge

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 06:27:23 PM »
Ok... I passed on some love too!  :-*

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
I've always enjoyed posting on this board not only because I personally know some good people I have met and gamed with (Jibba, Masher, Dragon, Archer, Wmeredith, Philly Sniper, DMcgee, and if I miss anyone, my apologies)  but also the forum has a very friendly, intelligent, rational atmosphere.  The posts, despite being very heated at times, are just intense, passionate discourse.  If you take this message board media and have all of us, in person,  in a stadium talking to each other, we would all look like philosophers passionately talking about topics we love.  We definately aren't goons insulting and hurting each other at a moments notice.  This forum is filled with intelligent, mature, and rational discussions (albeit tongue in cheek sometimes.) and the way I look at it, there are no verbal fistfights and personal insults flung about.  Just look at other gaming boards and one would see the difference.  We, collectively as forum members of this wonderful board, are comrade in arms and we rock!

Who da man?  You, dude - you are the man!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:17 PM »

I'll second this notion!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.